Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > The wizard of oz    

The wizard of oz

cynab
Spain

The wizard of oz

Hi!

I �m a teacher of a 3rd grade bilingual school and at the end of year students will perform a play in a theatre based on the wizard of oz.
I wanted to show them the film, but it �s too old! Then I wanted to tell them the story but I couldn �t find the book in nglish here in Argentina.

Maybe you have something about this story and can share it with me.

I �ll be very grateful!

Thanks!

20 May 2009      

roneydirt
United States

It may be old but as for films based on books it is probably a bit more accurate than most.  There are some newer versions out there including cartoon form and weird updated versions.  Since your doing a play you can also look up plays to show the students including school plays like on Youtube.  As for the book I saw several on Amazon, Alibris, and Ebay.   I had to go to Youtube and watch some of the modern updated trailers and commercials for the original movie.  Also the movie itself has had deleted scenes added back in as well as remastered.

A site totally devoted to Wizard of Oz and many questions answered about the movie with still pictures, follow up books, and links.

The Wonderful Wizard of Oz Website  [New Window] 
All things having to do with The Wizard of Oz: Books (over forty of them!), authors and illustrators, plays, movies, toys, games, fans and clubs...

On a sad note the last munchkins just passed away on the 8th of this month.

One of Last Surviving �Wizard of Oz � Munchkins Mickey Carroll Dies ...  [New Window] 
May 8, 2009 ... One of Last Surviving �Wizard of Oz � Munchkins Mickey Carroll Dies, Mickey Carroll, one of the last surviving Munchkins from the 1939 ...

20 May 2009     

trelly
Argentina

Hi! Have you checked in Kel Bookshop? I �ve seen The Wizard of Oz in their catalogues, and perhaps if you are near Capital Federal you may want to check there!
If you are interested in watching the film, ask in any video rental store, they MUST have it!

I �ll see if I have anything in my back up archives and I �ll pm you.

Cheers!

20 May 2009     

Vickiii
New Zealand

wizard of oz classic is great.  their are also rereleased versions

20 May 2009     

libertybelle
United States

The Wizard of Oz is a classic and will never be too old!
Perhaps you mean your video of it is too old - you can always
get it on DVD.

20 May 2009     

carutina
Italy

I didi it last year
My children loved the film very much...you can also find a cartoon on youtube...
They liked it so much and they wrote a simple plot too for a school play.

I posted it on eslprintables. Maybe it can be useful too

Tina

20 May 2009