Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > kids colony - leisure camp    

kids colony - leisure camp

mariliamartinsribeiro
Brazil

kids colony - leisure camp

hello teachers!

In the school were I work we are having a colony for the kids as we are on holidays here in Brazil. I really need some ideas on what to do with them.
I mean, I know I should make this an enjoyable experience with games and songs, but can u please give me some ideas??? My DOS wants the kids to make something to take home everyday - they´re not sleeping in the school , it´s only in the afternoon.

tks a lot!

5 Jul 2009      

carinocitalgonzalez
Mexico

if you have some recycle materials, children can create some paintings, boxes, etc.

5 Jul 2009     

libertybelle
United States

How about making masks in paper mach�?
Blow up a balloon and start wrapping newspaper strips dipped in
glue around the balloon. Let dry. 
Next day add a few more layers - and so on.
When it is thick enough, the kids can cut the mask in half and start painting
them.  Then write a play using these masks.
It �s a lot of fun and the kids are part of the whole process.

L

5 Jul 2009     

verybouncyperson
Spain

Get some cheap white T-shirts and fabric paint - the students can design them and then you could have a fashion show at the end of the day.

Create board games using English - maybe they could have questions in some squares in/about English and if they answer correctly they move on and if they answer incorrectly they move backwards.

Perhaps a treasure hunt with stickers so when they find all the clues they have a complete set of stickers to take away.

We �re doing a summer school in Spain in the mornings and doing work in class to build towards a project at the end of the week.  So the students do some "proper" classwork first thing and then something fun, project-related after the break.  Send me a PM if you want to know what other projects we �re doing...

5 Jul 2009