Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Teaching material > Something to teach time contrasts: past, present and futureq    

Something to teach time contrasts: past, present and futureq

phnhu76
Vietnam

Something to teach time contrasts: past, present and futureq

Dear friends,

I am going to teach about time contrasts: past, present and future. Can any one help me find materials on changes of family life, transportation, work life, social life, entertainment, ... in the past, present and future?

Thank you

7 Jul 2009      

anitarobi
Croatia

HI, there!
Well, it �s not so easy to help when we don �t know the age and knowledge level of your students, but whenever I want them to have all tenses at once to compare, I like to use the idea of time travel. You can simply take down some pictures of life in the past, nowadays and in the future (just pick an era - the age of the dinosaurs, the middle ages, today, the year 3056), and have your sts work in pairs or groups. You can pick a funny character (even a famous one like Spongebob) and pretend he travels through time. Your sts look at the photos to get ideas and you can all brainstorm a few ideas on the board and then you can have them write a story in three sections - past, present, future. If they �re adults, they might want to send some other creatures in time, like Bill Gates or Paris Hilton or Bono Vox... You can have them write it as a letter to a friend - First I went to the age of the dinosaurs. There were--- tra-la-la-la.... and now I am travelling through the modern ages and things are quite different. tra-la-la... and next I will probably go to 3065, where I guess people will... Well, that �s what I would do. When you keep it fun, people always learn faster and the knowledge stays longer.
Anita

7 Jul 2009