Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Anyone have any experience with FCE    

Anyone have any experience with FCE

sarahgriffin
Ireland

Anyone have any experience with FCE

Hi

I �m just wondering if anyone has any experience with the First Certificate Exam??  What I would like to know, firstly and foremostly is about the listening test

Do you receive a written copy of the questions asked to you on the tape, or do you just hear the questions on the tape, and they can take notes?

Also, if anyone has any other advice, hints, tips, resources I would gladly appreciate the help.

I have trained to teach FCE and am aware of the level it is, and what resources to use, however I never actually saw the layout of one of these papers and I �m just trying to refresh my head!

Thanks

10 Jul 2009      

Cyn.
Argentina

Hi Sarah! I am currently preparing my students to sit for FCE. Here are some great sites with all the information you need:

www.flo-joe.co.uk
www.examenglish.com
www.cambridgeesol.org

As regards your question, in the listening exam you get the questions on paper. Check out this handbook for teachers with the latest udpates: http://www.cambridgeesol.org/assets/pdf/resources/teacher/fce_hb_dec08.pdf.

Hope you find this useful. PM me or send me an email if you need any help! I �ll be glad to give you a hand!

Cyn

10 Jul 2009     

sarahgriffin
Ireland

Thank You very much!!

Smile

Smile

And have a great weekend!!!!!

10 Jul 2009