Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Games, activities and teaching ideas > Final Class    

Final Class

Mrscarlett
Korea, South

Final Class

Hi guys,
I have a final class today with one of my high level classes.  I want to give them a memorable final class but am running short on ideas.....

What do you usually for your final classes??

Cheers!

13 Jul 2009      

gaby_mn
United States

I find a nice poem or song always does the trick! Good luck...

13 Jul 2009     

EvaRamos
Panama

Hello Mrscarlet!

I think another good idea would be to write a chain story.  I usually do that at the end of a workhop or course.  You write the first line, like if you were going to start a story tale:   Once upon a time, there was a group amazing students who took an English course. They...
You give the page to one student, and each one of the students have to write a sentence trying to follow the story.  At the  end you could read the complete story, it is usually a very moving story.  I generally type the complete story and send it to my students by email, so all of them have it.

Good luck with your class, I am sure that there will be plenty of ideas from other teachers, and you will have a wonderful final class :)

Regards,
Eva

13 Jul 2009     

roneydirt
United States

Well started the Addams Family Value movie a little over a week ago.  Actually had three choices and gave the student the choice of which movie.  After certain parts or during the movie asked random questions with low and high level questioning.  This week we finish the movie and the last portion did some riddles.  So I would say try out some of the riddle games they have on here.  Or Team Taboo.... sorry plug on my lesson with links to taboo cards from other teachers.  You could also do describe the person picking some funny pictures, short video clips, fill in the blank on a song, translate their favorite song to English.  Since it is Korea that would be 2ne1, Big Bang, a few others songs like Lollipop, Sorry Sorry, Haru Haru, Again and Again some which you can find English subtitles. 

13 Jul 2009     

carinocitalgonzalez
Mexico

Mrs. Carlett

It would be great that your students receive a STAR STUDENT AWARD

(you can change the text according to your ss.)

Prepare the class like a graduation and give awards and thanks to your students.
Sincerely
Cari�o

There is another activity: GOOD THOUGTHS, you need a small ball.

Teacher says something good about the English course and then throw the ball to someone else and he/she has to say something good, or wishes

BEST WISHES!!!!!!!!11 

13 Jul 2009     

dawnmain
United Kingdom

a trivia quiz or mr bean video - you can find them on youtube and worksheets here on eslprintables and some other sites.

13 Jul 2009     

Mrscarlett
Korea, South

Hi thanks for your help but i �ve just found out that its not my last class! 12 more to go.....

Il def use some of these ideas in the future.

13 Jul 2009