Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Need help please !!!    

Need help please !!!

Zarade
United States

Need help please !!!

Hi!

I need to find something about different ways from different cultures...anything that �s possibly quirky and fun...how one country does / says / uses / thinks �/ look different from another, esp. with us in the USA

Thanks in advance!

16 Jul 2009      

FroggyClaudine
France

Like the fact that we French people eat frogs � legs or snails or horse meat ? Or that we call our swearhearts my flea, my rabbit or my teddy bear ? Or a I really mistaken with my answer ?

16 Jul 2009     

aftab57
United Kingdom

Here is just a quicky.

16 Jul 2009     

Zarade
United States

Thank you �froggy.claudine��and thank you�aftab57!
That is * exactly * what I needed...
Question for froggy, is it * really * true what you stated, esp. the horse meat? �Is the horse meat eaten actually put on the menu as such?

Thanks so much!!
*Muahhha* you �re the best..
xoxo

16 Jul 2009     

mjotab
Spain

We, in Spain, also eat frogs, snails and horse meat, though horse meat not so usually. Snails very often.

16 Jul 2009     

FroggyClaudine
France

Yes Zarade, we do eat horse meat as such and it may be on the menu. But it depends ont the area of France. When I was small living in the big area of the French Alps, there was a horse butcher who sold only horse meat coming to the market every Monday and we had minced horse meat. You cook it like a steak. You can bbq it.... But then, I wouldn �t dream of eating insects. We (not me honestly) eat calf brain or kidney and tongue. I �m not keen on the later, but I do have wonderful memories of Mondays...

16 Jul 2009