Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > UNBELIEVABLE AND OUTRAGEOUS IF TRUE!!!    

UNBELIEVABLE AND OUTRAGEOUS IF TRUE!!!

anitarobi
Croatia

UNBELIEVABLE AND OUTRAGEOUS IF TRUE!!!

I �m sorry to even start this topic, but my husband and sister just told me about the pedophile register for all educators in Great Britain and I �m speechless beyond anything! Is it true? Are they really passing this degrading law that all people who work with children have to be registered as potential pedophiles??? I do hope it �s just some twisted, sick joke.... Pls, pls, pls, somebody tell me they �re not degrading our noble profession this way....Angry

Anita

Ps(edit): EVEN BOOK AUTHORS????????

16 Jul 2009      

FroggyClaudine
France

I can �t believe it ! It can �t be true. It would mean that every teacher chooses this job as a way to have sex with children ! I just do not understand this law !

16 Jul 2009     

zailda
Brazil

This law is ridiculous! Does that mean that every doctor or pharmacist would be registered as a potential addicted to drugs? Maybe hypocondriac? A police officer like a potential serial killer? If you just think about you �ll see that everyone may be a "potential" something. In my country everyone is innocent until proof in contrary. As we see,  in Great Britain everyone is guilty until they change their jobs!

Zailda

16 Jul 2009     

libertybelle
United States

What �s this world coming to?
This is so sad.
L

16 Jul 2009     

anitarobi
Croatia

IF YOU �RE NOT OUTRAGED, YOU �RE NOT PAYING ATTENTION.

16 Jul 2009     

Lana.
Ireland

Don �t think they will pass it...

16 Jul 2009     

ants
Switzerland

I hope this doesn �t get passed!!
How far are we going with all this nonsense!!
It �s creepy and more and more like Big Brother is watching everyone!!
Fiona.

16 Jul 2009     

anitarobi
Croatia

Are we to register every parent as well then?

16 Jul 2009     

Lana.
Ireland

Here they say it is only proposed: http://www.independent.co.uk/opinion/commentators/anthony-horowitz-this-law-reflects-a-twisted-view-of-society-1748268.html

Let �s hope it will be rejected.

16 Jul 2009     

anitarobi
Croatia

I wish we could do more than just HOPE, Lana, but thanks for offering at least a glimpse of hope....

16 Jul 2009     

Jayho
Australia

Are you sure it �s called a pedophile register? 

In Australia we have strict child protection laws whereby all those who come into contact with children under the age of 18 must have a Working With Children Check and they must notify the issuing department of their paid and voluntary positions involving children.  I think it �s good.  The application process is simple and inexpensive for both paid workers and volunteers and many employers cover the actual cost.  Our process was implemented many years ago and doesn �t seem to have raised any problems.  We also need a police criminal record check.  No-one seems to worry about this red-tape any more- it �s just a given in the application process for many jobs.  I think there are few jobs that no longer require some sort of screening to protect employers and their customers/clients. 

17 Jul 2009     

1    2    Next >