Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Hi!!!! Just wanted to share my excitement over a whole new project!!!    

Hi!!!! Just wanted to share my excitement over a whole new project!!!

Mar0919
Mexico

Hi!!!! Just wanted to share my excitement over a whole new project!!!

Hi, everyone!!! I �m relatively new on this site, which I think is absolutely just wonderful, and I love to see how very warm everyone is.
So, I wanted to share with you all, that I �ve been given the opportunity by a publisher, to write an English book!!!! It will be for high school level, and although
I �m a bit scared by the challenge, I �m also very excited! If any of you would like to share with me, whatever suggestions, tips or comments you �re more than welcomed. I need all the help I can get!!!!

Hugs!!!

Mar

17 Jul 2009      

mena22
Portugal

Hi Mar! Welcome to the wonderful world of ESLprintables. Congratulations for having been invited to write your own English book. What a priviledge. Starting on September 1st I will also be working on sth of the kind...

Hugs,
mena

17 Jul 2009     

sldiaz
Panama

Mar:

for such an amazing experience !!!

I�ve always dreamed that one day I would like to publish a book of my own (for kids). 
Welcome and greetings from panama,
silka

17 Jul 2009     

Mar0919
Mexico

Mena, Silka... thanks so much for  your kind words!!! Congratulations to you too, Mena, for your project, also.  Silka, last year, I had the unforgettable pleasure of visiting your country, didn �t get to see much, because I went on business, but the little I saw, I absolutely loved!!! Thanks again!!!

Mar

17 Jul 2009     

Cartuxa
Portugal

All the best for this new project of yours!

17 Jul 2009     

moravc
Czech Republic

Woow, congrats !
Will you tell us more about the book?
Grammar? Stories? Student �s book + Workbook?
What sort of activities will you include?
What age group? 12-18 ???

I am very very curious :-))

17 Jul 2009     

Cyn.
Argentina

Like Moravc, I �m super curious... Tell us more about it!
What a great opportunity....! I wish I had an opportunity like that!!!
All my best wishes,
Cyn

17 Jul 2009     

Mar0919
Mexico

Thank you, Cartuxa, Moravc and Cyn!!! Well, the truth is just today I got the phone call from the publisher, and probably sometime next week or the week after at latest, I should be meeting with them personally. I was so excited with the call, that I wanted to share this right away!!!
But, what I intend to include, are activities that cover all 4 basic skills, and here in Mexico, there is a great boom in competencies, so all the activities must be somehow aimed at satisfying this approach. Stories are a must, for reading and comprehension activities. Obviously grammar activities also. On the other hand, the publisher wants me to somehow correlate the contents of the book to one of the ESL software programs they distribute, and in this software, there are a lot of listening activities, as well as grammar practices, so this will be very helpful, since I can direct the ss to practice "X" activity on the software. The book is intended for ss of 15 - 18 years old more or less. It also has to be correlated to the study program in Mexico for this level, so it �s a super challenge as you can see!!!
Thank you so much for your comments, and as I mentioned before, any suggestions you can offer will be greatly appreciated!!!

-Mar

17 Jul 2009     

aftab57
United Kingdom

Congratulations Mar, you have a wonderful opportunity to avail. I hope these help in some way.

Writing non-fiction

http://www.mediafire.com/?zgmztdyic0h

The business of writing for children

http://www.mediafire.com/?mlmnmzyqzmq

The authors toolkit

http://www.mediafire.com/?hni1zjnydqh

17 Jul 2009     

amicableann
Argentina

CONGratssssssssssssssssss!!! from Argentina .What a wonderful opportunity !! Hope you share with us more of it once you start .Don �t forget to include some everyday english practice .As a teacher I find that students need to practice conversation , to be ready to solve  everyday , practical  situations .GOOD LUCK!!! Ana L�a

17 Jul 2009     

Mar0919
Mexico

Thank you Aftab, for the useful info you �re suggesting, I KNOW it will be VERY USEFUL for me, thanx so so so so so much!!! And also, a super thanx to Ana L�a for your suggestion on conversation practice! You are all so wonderful people, that if you don �t mind, a little bit of all of you will be included in my book!!!

- Mar

17 Jul 2009     

1    2    Next >