Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Teaching material > Halloween    

Halloween

nanaduhalde
Argentina

Halloween

Hi everybody!!
                         Since Halloween is around the corner, I�ve been trying to organize the entire week planning based on this incredible subject, that can help us in our daily work. It�s a neverending source of information that can be exploited as much as we want; and I believe that it�s not neccessary to "celebrate" this event to take fully advantage of it. Most of us don�t have this celebration as a part of our tradition, but isn�t it nice to be able to learn about other cultures through English? In Argentina there�s always a discussion around the topic, since many believe that we have to stick to our traditions to preserve them from being influenced by foreign ones. But, let�s be honest, the world is changing and we are no longer living on  an island... I believe Halloween is a perfect excuse to have fun, wear customes and learn things, right? At the moment, I�m trying to find films for different levels, and I thought of these: the awesome film by Tim Burton, Nightmare... is a must; "Monster House"; there�s a great Disney film about three Salem�s witch but I can�t remeber the name; "Corpse Bride"; Rohals Dahl�s adaptation of "The witches".
So if any of you has another film or a worksheet (there are many in our site) to suggest, I�ll be really grateful.  Have a great weekend!!! Mariana

25 Oct 2008      

zippo1982
Croatia

hi mariana
last year i used Disney�s Halloween Treat with my younger learners
they really liked Donald Duck Trick or Treat part

25 Oct 2008     

frenchfrog
France

See: http://www.eslprintables.com/forum/topic.asp?id=706

Thanks for leaving a comment on my tutorial!

25 Oct 2008     

Victoria-Ladybug
Israel

Dear Mariana!
I found some Halloween songs and teaching tips for them. Have a look!

http://supersimplesongs.com/halloween.html / free downloads, lesson plans ,

I wish you a great celebration and a lot of fun!

25 Oct 2008     

trelly
Argentina

The Disney movie you are talking about is "Hocus Pocus" (in Spanish I guess it�s "Abracadabra") And here you have a ws :)

Have a Happy Halloween :)

25 Oct 2008     

Choli
Argentina

Hi Mariana,
Did you get the song I sent to your email yesterday?

Hugs
Choli

25 Oct 2008