Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Teaching material > Messages for test    

Messages for test

teacher drica
Brazil

Messages for test

Hello friends!
I �d like to receive some short messages for using in my tests. Something to encourage my students during and before the tests. I have just used this messages "Have a nice test" or "God bless you" or "Good luck" and now, I think it �s too boring, not motivated. I �d like sweet messages.
Can you help me?
Thanks in advance,

23 Jul 2009      

ants
Switzerland

You can do it. Believe in yourself. Smile

23 Jul 2009     

Lana.
Ireland

I usually write "Thank you" at the end of the test.

You can say:

- Best of luck for your test!
- Enjoy your test!
- Test your wits!
- You are a great student!
- Best luck from your teacher!
- Wishing you success with this test.

23 Jul 2009     

manonski (f)
Canada

Another thing you could add is a little short piece of trivia on the topic of your test.
"Did you know that..."

You can also add a short joke or a special quotation.

23 Jul 2009     

Damielle
Argentina

here you have 101 ways to praise your students...

24 Jul 2009     

anitarobi
Croatia

I like damielle �s post (used it for an English project even some time ago). I usually tell them Do your best! before the test, and afterwards my comments depend on the work and the kid, and I tend to write more comments on essays than tests - I write stuff like: You see - I knew you could do it!(if I have a very insecure child), Not bad, but I know you can do better(if it �s somebody who did way below their level), Keep up the great work or Thanks for making me proud(to someone who does really great), and sometimes some funny comment on the content or part fof it, or I add - I agree, sometimes I feel like that, too.
Anita

24 Jul 2009     

Nebal
Lebanon

Hi Drica,

I also recommend Damielle �s posters of praising a child. They are awesome, believe me!!

Here is a good site too where ucan find many encouraging words:

Have a nice Friday,
Nebal

24 Jul 2009     

teacher drica
Brazil

Thanks for all answers. It �ll help me a lot!

24 Jul 2009