Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > the (wo)man behind the avatar    

the (wo)man behind the avatar

Nabila Manzur
Argentina

i posted this to support lucia, not to argue with you about something that you didnt get and that i dont understand why.

good night.

29 Jul 2009     

goodnesses
Algeria

Yes that �s better good night!

29 Jul 2009     

Spagman63
Hong Kong

Wow!!!  It looks like I missed all of the fun.
Lucia, I am very strict in my standards of dress code but I do not see that your clothing in your avatar is indecent.  Maybe the guy thinks you are attractive and doesn �t know how to approach you so instead he REPROACHES you. :)  It �s like my Ss getting negative attention to get noticed. Weird huh?  Like we say in America: consider the source.

29 Jul 2009     

Cristiane Prates
Brazil

Lucia, you look pretty well to me, and thus, what does it have to do with your work and colaboration for this site. I �m sorry about those who can �t focus into work but find anything less important to bother. just be who you are....and keep up with the good work.

29 Jul 2009     

goodnesses
Algeria

Dear, Domnitza!

Does ....

�I APOLOGIZE�

... mean something to you and to all here?

29 Jul 2009     

EvaRamos
Panama

Dear Friends,
I am really sorry to read about Luisa �s incident.  I certainly agree with my dear friend Silke remarks in both cases.  I agree with Domnitza also, that is everyone �s prerogative to put or not their avatar. For example, in Domnitza �s case, I have been able to see Didi (her son) growing up through the pictures that he uploads as her avatar, and I think thas is great!, her choice, our blessing :) (because we learned to know each other, and create a stronger bond among community members).    We need to understand that we come from different cultures with different customs, with smallest differences, and huge ones.  However what I love more about this community is that we leave those differences behind and we care more about that we have in common:  our love for teaching, and for making this world a different place through education.

A big hug,
Eva

29 Jul 2009     

petili
Bulgaria

Dear Lucia, you look perfectly good in the picture so don �t pay so much attention to this rude person �s comments. There are such people everywhere and we  meet them around us every day. It �s more important to turn your back to them and ignore them. We can �t get rid of them, unfortunately, but the thought that so many people support you and appreciate you and your work is much more important than the comments of a mean person. So, look ahead and remember  there are more people who are kind and helpful than rude ones in the world.
Hugs
Petya

29 Jul 2009     

Aimee/S.
Israel

Am I missing something here? What was posted to support Lucia? A message from this same member to you, Nabila? Or perhaps from the same country, "two" members says Bouabdellah ( �goodnesses �)  (- btw - good night every  body - great!!! LOL)
Maybe it �s not such a good idea to paste on the picture and the flag of these sick people - because after all they are individuals  and not spoksmen or representative of their countries or their cultures. I think it �s fine and normal  to complain on the forum and receive support, we �re friends after all, but the harasser should be reported directly to Victor and the p.m. box blocked of course. I �m not sure that there is a need to "hang him in public" and lead to conclusions of the type "that´s the way they are"...  because we are never a "they" - we are a "he" or a "she" - we are individuals.
I understand that Lucia got very upset, I would have been as upset of course, but I would think twice before pasting on the name, picture, flag and exact words on this forum. Just a thought.
Have a good day dear friends.
Aimee.  

29 Jul 2009     

ants
Switzerland

I �m sorry to see what has happened and I do support you, Lucia.
I don �t see anything wrong with what you �re wearing so the problem isn �t you.
It �s how you �re perceived.
I agree with Aimee....just report this harrasser and let Victor deal with it!!
Don �t start becoming a lynching mob...that �s not what this community is about.
Have a nice day, everyone!!Hug
Fiona.

29 Jul 2009     

anaisabel001
Spain

I �m also sorry about what has happenend to Lucia. I also support her.
Have a nice day!!!

Hug

Ana.

29 Jul 2009     

< Previous   1    2    3    Next >