Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > sad     

sad

Mariethe House
France

Endless story! Some people are simply not ready to understand!

Bye everyone

1 Aug 2009     

JudyHalevi
Israel

This discussion is ridiculous.  I think this is a wonderful site of well made worksheets.  The fact that some people copy, scan or in any other way violate copyright laws, is unavoidable, due to the fact that there are always those people.  And while there are those people, there will always be those who have not violated the laws and get accused.  That is unfortunate. 

I love this site, and whenever I have a chance to be on the computer, even before I begin work, I check in with this site to see what is new.

Everyone should stop being so petty.  Most of us are hardworking teachers, who spend endless hours working on worksheets for our students.  I, for one, appreciate the worksheets I download and appreciate the wonderful people who make them. 

My point is:  there is always someone who will do the wrong thing.

Judy

1 Aug 2009     

goodnesses
Algeria

Nice Judy. What you say is more than right. So, what do you suggest? Shall we remove the moderators system?

Sorry, you can �t have a look at the moderators page. You will have this opportunity one day. You will see that it is not a question of one or two or three WS a week or a month. it is a question of tens EVERYDAY. Not only scanned and copied ones. But stolen by members from this site and re-uploaded under their names. The latter act is more scandalising for me than the former.

Hope you will keep the same opinion when you see someone else using your hard work under his name.

Regards

1 Aug 2009     

Isabelucha
Portugal

Hi everyone. Hello dear Marieth�! I can understand what you mean. And it �s obvious that you love this site, because if you didn �t you wouldn �t contribute to it. Don �t listen to bad whisperers! If your intentions are good (and I �m sure most of us know you a little...) you don �t need to explain yourself. As Judy said we are all hardworking teachers, who try to do their best, so, as in the real world, there are good intentioned people and those who don �t really mind about doing the right thing. Don �t let yourself down because of this. Cheer up dear friend!!!!!Hug

1 Aug 2009     

goodnesses
Algeria

Dear Isabelucha
The same for you

"
Hope you will keep the same opinion when you see someone else using your hard work under his name."

Best regards anyway!

1 Aug 2009     

Judith@rwen
Argentina

The post is ridiculous to some but I find amazing that some people like Goodnesses manage to twist what was originally said and making it look like everything is an insult to the creator of the site when it �s not. And also when no-one is complaining about the system but how some things are accepted and others are not ..like the links of scanned pages of a book. Like the ones mentioned before.
and I find what you answered to Isabelucha ..irrelevant!

And I don´t like the tone and sarcasm of some post here either!

bye

1 Aug 2009     

elderberrywine
Germany

I suggest we all take a vote on changing human nature and mankind in general as follows:

no more errors
no more cheating
no more selfishness
no more lazyness
no more ruthlessness.

You can count on my vote.

Pity this won �t work
Since wherever human beings gather these negative sides occur, we must put up with them and accept them. Just as people simply making mistakes about things or making wrong decisons.

Every system created by human beings has its flaws.
Every person risks being treated unfairly by life or other people occasionally.
But every person has the right to explain or defend his or her position.

I would call a young person who can �t get over the facts 1. that people are fallible (and systems aren �t flawless) and 2. that unfairness can happen, immature or even narcissitic.
Let �s be MATURE.

When one of my ws was kicked out I uploaded it again two days later with a longish explanation that it wasn �t stolen - and it �s still there. I was a bit hurt for a day but have produced lots since.
love
Dorothea

1 Aug 2009     

Isabelucha
Portugal

Look, dear Goodnesses, I don �t really mind if someone uses my work, because I only care about working for those who deserve my respect. Furthermore, ones attitudes reflect ones personality. If someone used my work I would probably send him/her a PM.
Anyway... there are many more important things to be upset about than Ws.  I just don �t like the tone of some people �s posts.
Best regards to you too.

1 Aug 2009     

goodnesses
Algeria

Dear, judith

First, read carefully the post of the person you are defending.

If there is some offending and insulting people here it that person accusing moderators without exception.
"i don �t like this system either.. it destroys the idea of friendhip and sharing which is  the basis of it! I hate to know people are there rubbing their hands and saying: I got one! I am going to report it!!This is really childish and it degrades the site which in the..."
"If people feel like cheating it �s the system which has to be thought over again"
"Whats more I have had a look at some ws from people with loads of points.... It is clear that some of them are so professional that they have been copied!! And these very people open up innocent eyes and shout publicly  at others and report them!! Shame on you!"

What your prot�g� is asking us is simply stop reporting and let people upload what they like, stolen, copied, useless WS just for the sake of having points and having the opportunity to download others works without any efforts.

Have a look at this link:
http://www.bgfl.org/bgfl/custom/resources_ftp/client_ftp/ks1/english/story_telling/cinderella/cinderella1.htm

Then another to today �s contributions to see who your prot�g� is defending.

END OF THE STORY.
Goodbye...

PS: Right now, who is trying to turn the issue into a personal one?

1 Aug 2009     

goodnesses
Algeria

Dear Isabelucha

Quote: "
I don �t really mind if someone uses my work, because I only care about working for those who deserve my respect"

If it does not matter for you, it is not the case of hundreds here (those who struggled to bring this system to exist). I, for one, would never accept that someone uploads my own WS as his own. Never.

Then, would you precise your thought so that people can have a clear idea of what you want exactly.
Do you want the moderators system to be stopped?

Have a good night.

1 Aug 2009     

< Previous   1    2    3    4    Next >