Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Why isn īt my worksheet an ESL source?    

Why isn īt my worksheet an ESL source?

reeta1
Canada

Why isn īt my worksheet an ESL source?

hI, can someone help me? I īve posted an adjective worksheet, but Victor says that it īs not an ESL worksheet, and he īs taken it down twice. I wanted to know why it īs not an ESL worksheet, when there are english exercises included. Thanks for any input.

6 Aug 2009      

David Lisgo
Japan

Colouring activities are often rejected and all Disney pictures have a copyright.  Victor himself doesn īt say "It īs not an ESL worksheet.", but the person who does the original reporting. The moderators voted to remove your worksheet.  IMHO I think you should accept the decision as many of us have had to in the past.

6 Aug 2009     

_babz
Canada

īDisney pictures have a copyright �

I īm really tired of hearing people say this, on this site (no offense David Lisgo Wink)....it īs not just Disney, but most of the pics we all get from the net are copyrighted......as soon as you copy an image from a site, that itself is protected, well, it īs basically stealing someone else īs picture, whether it īs a Disney, Garfield, Pokeman...etc etc.

so if reeta1 īs work got reported just for taking a Disney pic, that īs pretty dumb and that would mean, that every eslprintables � worksheet with Disney things on it should be removed

makes no sense

as long as the member has developed something with that image, then we should leave the sheet alone...

Smile

6 Aug 2009     

reeta1
Canada

Yeah, leave the sheet alone! lol I thought it might have something to do with the picture. But then where does everyone else get their pictures if not from the Internet or from a book? If I cut and copy any general-looking picture from the Web, is it subject to copyright and will my worksheets be rejected? Thanks for the input.

6 Aug 2009     

reeta1
Canada

And I should point out, the worksheet that īs been removed twice is almost the exact same as the adj. worksheet that īs still on my printables, and I don īt see anybody trying to remove that one. Maybe one of the moderators doesn īt like fancy fontwork? lol

6 Aug 2009     

Tint
South Africa

Re: Copyright. There are many free clipart sites on the net, so there is no need to take an image from a site or from a book. Copyright rules are there for a reason, to protect the work of the artist. It is for the same reason that people here would get upset if someone just copied their worksheets.

Keep your eye out on the forums. People often post free clipart sites to be used.

6 Aug 2009     

elderberrywine
Germany

reeta1, ONE moderator or member reports worksheets, and then all the moderators are invited to vote on it. It only goes down when there is  a maority "against it".
Many, many moderators make their decisions very conscienciously and really check twice before they click the box or write a comment.
Dozens of ws are reported every day so please don īt berate the moderators � job.

6 Aug 2009     

reeta1
Canada

You īre very rude. And that still doesn īt answer my question. I have the exact same worksheet up twice, and the "moderators" vote to take one down and leave the other one. Is the the copyright invisible on one? Or my guess, your "moderators" are blind, and perhaps they should go back to their day jobs. Censorship!

6 Aug 2009     

elderberrywine
Germany

Yes, reeta1, moderators are blind, biased, don īt like fancy fontwork.

On top of that they have this crazy thing about copright, poor things, and they don īt like the same worksheet being posted twice.

They indulge in censorship 24/24.

Maybe they should indeed go back to their day jobs.

But maybe you should look at successful worksheets on this site, try to find out what made them successful and improve your style. Thousands of comments that point out the advantages of the ws will help you
ThatÂīs how we all started - with simple ws that attracted few points, and we got better by the day.

Then you might read some threads in the forum and study the tone of friendship, solidarity, generosity and committment that prevails there.

When you īre done you might explain in a friendly way what was on the rejected worksheet (since moderators vote on dozens of them every day they might not be able to remember all the details, - being blind, biased and generally dense) and somebody will explain what was wrong with it.
Maybe a member of the site reported it for the wrong reason by pressing the wrong button but it was then rejected for another reason, this happens, too

6 Aug 2009     

reeta1
Canada

Well, if you look at my printables, the offending worksheet is still there. So how can these moderators take one down for copyright and then leave the exact same worksheet up to be downloaded? And let me tell you be about friendship, courtesy and general goodwill, missy, I īm as friendly, courteous and goodwilled as the next chick, but when I ask for some constructive advice because I really want to know how I can improve, I īd like not to get my head bitten off. You know what would make this site great? More Canadians. We īre the only ones with any sense.

6 Aug 2009