Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Games, activities and teaching ideas > European Day of Languages    

European Day of Languages

baiba
Latvia

European Day of Languages

Good morning everyone

I have started making plans for the next school year which starts in September, and I was wondering if you have some activities in your schools on 26 September which in Europe is the Day of languages.
We usually organise some language contests, games (jeopardy, millionaire), students make posters or write special compositions.

Could you share your experience?

And have a nice day!

7 Aug 2009      

poleta
Spain

Hi Baiba!  Two years ago on 2.008 we celebrate the international year of languages and in my school we prepared a nice activity:
"Go around  the world from story to story" We looked for stories and legends from a lot of countries and we use a spheric map of the world  as a dice spinning it and stopping it with our fingers and we talked about the country and then we told a story original of this place
If it was possible we use the language of this country.

7 Aug 2009