Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > I do have a question    

I do have a question

zailda
Brazil

I do have a question

I understand that some moderators think it �s better to preserve new contributor �s points to encourage them so they keep and find their way to produce valuable work. But this site is open, I mean that anyone from the net can see the worksheets and their preview. The member can report a ws, but anyone from the net can send the ws link to Cambridge, Oxford or any other place where they think a ws is copied from.

And if it happens, will people from Cambridge press or Oxford or whatever understand that we have a large group of moderators and that sooner or later someone will report and remove their property scanned here?

Of course, some here take it for granted, they will certainly understand our reasons and what we think about new members and how lenient we can be without a link to make us sure that a copy is a copy. Or not?

9 Aug 2009      

Tint
South Africa

The chance of one of the big publishers coming here and seeing their material and taking action against the site is a very real one.

Take music, for example (literature works the same way). I am a member of a social networking site. When members uploaded copyright protected music, the music industry powers that be sued the social networking site. 

Unfortunately, people can and do use copyrighted material. As long as it can be seen that action gets taken against the ones uploading (removal) and that warning is given not to upload copyrighted material, the site can �t be held responsible.

Places like Oxford or Cambridge press do have the right to demand that the material gets taken down immediately though.

9 Aug 2009