Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Teaching material > Text Book Dilema     

Text Book Dilema

miss_marina...
Chile

Text Book Dilema

Hello everyone !!

I have to find a new book to work with my secondary students. They have 6 hours of English a week and I need something that can motivate them to learn or to speak in english.
If you have any ideas, or suggestions, please feel free to let me know.

A lot of hugs for all of you,
Marina.

10 Aug 2009      

Mar0919
Mexico

Have you taken a look at "Access" from Express Publishing? I �m going to use that one this year, it looks very interesting, hope my ss like it!

10 Aug 2009     

miss_marina...
Chile

I think they would! they seem to be really interesting. Thanks for your replay.

I was using "Adventures" from Oxford. A four level course. But next year, I will have 2 new levels. I was thinking about "English in Mind" from Cambridge, but I don �t think my students are prepared enough for these books. They have a good level of english, but they are really inmature. They like pictures and colors... so It �s kind of complicated. I don �t know if I �m going to be their teacher next year, but I want to leave them a good material for them to work with.
I will take a deeper look to "Access". Thanks again and see you later !

10 Aug 2009     

Tere-arg
Argentina

I am using "English in mind" this year. It is suitable for teens: colourful, with texts and  short dialogues using common everyday expressions.

I like them, but prefer "New English File" for older or more mature students in  the same levels.

10 Aug 2009     

arkel
Ireland

I have had really good results with �English in Mind � when I used it with teens. For adults I use Face2face, CUP.

10 Aug 2009     

anitarobi
Croatia

Cutting Edge Intermediate, Upper-Intermediate and Advanced, and also Countdown to FCE... I �ve also used Adventures with my teenage sts - it �s great!
Anita

10 Aug 2009     

miss_marina...
Chile

thank you all for your comments!!

11 Aug 2009