Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Where are they?    

Where are they?

rose95
Turkey

Where are they?

I �ve become a member in June 2009 and trying to learn all that I can about this great site. But lately I have been wondering where the old members are. Why am I saying such a thing? Because even the most popular wss hit 200-250 points tops nowadays but some former wss hit 500 to nearly 2000 points. What is wrong? Is everyone on holiday or does the site �s popularity fade in time?

10 Aug 2009      

libertybelle
United States

Hej Rose!

It says at the top of this page:

Today,10-8-2009, we are 205860 registered users and we have 189367 printables, 13173 powerpoints and 1898 online exercises. 

With so many people, there are many more printables, often with a variation over a theme that has already been made, such as grammar and worksheets.

So I would say - that the downloads are now spread over many more worksheets and also that many of our members, for sure, are on holiday.

L

10 Aug 2009     

ants
Switzerland

Or wish they were on holiday, Libertybelle!! Ha, haHug

Fiona.

10 Aug 2009     

zailda
Brazil

I looked at some wss that had more than 800 points in the past, but if they were uploaded today they wouldn �t make such a splash. I guess that people here developed their skills and ways of presenting the topics so the site standart is higher now than it was last year.

Many contributors learned how to prepare wss worthy of the other members � attention, so we have many splendid wss every day and I have to admit that it �s difficult to decide how to use my 30 free downloads a day. I wish everyone could have more...

If I search for wss from 1 year ago I won �t feel like downloading many of them, even the top downloader ones, it means the members � work increased in number and quality, and it �s perfect for me! It means this site is growing and doing better and better.

I don �t feel tired of saying that ESL Printables is the best site for teachers, not only for the resources it offers but also because of the learning, challenging, helping, sharing  and everything else we have here. You can find resources in other sites, maybe you can learn how to prepare them as well, but I think you won �t find all these things together anywhere on the net.

Cheers

Zailda

10 Aug 2009     

joy2bill
Australia

I agree with Zailda. I think the standard is getting higher and the spread of ideas wider. I also have difficulty deciding which 30 to download.
Sometimes if you look up a certain grammar point you have a choice of hundreds. This is fantastic but a tad overwhelming at times.
Great site, everyone.

Just a thought. I would love a small flag or the teacher �s name and nationality on each worksheet so that I can tell my students whose work they are doing and how far it has travelled. (I usually forget after I have downloaded it)
Cheers Joy

10 Aug 2009     

Portugal

bill2joy, I usually write by aftab57 (author�s id) at the bottom of the wks. As I seldom use the printables exactly as I download them, I add: adpated: IJ (initials of my first name and surname). The sts. ask me the meaning of those footnotes and are impressed to know that there are teachers that belong to communities to improve their knowledge and skills. I guess I could tell they are proud of us...

10 Aug 2009