Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > The Teacher īs First Impressions: Wrong or Right    

The Teacher īs First Impressions: Wrong or Right

miss noor
Palestine

For me Nebal , I judged many students for the first time I met them. Then I discovered that they are better than I judged.
So , I learn that I shouldn īt judje any student for the first time.

11 Aug 2009     

mariannina
Italy

I always give a chance to something different from my first impression, but with little children it īs easy because they change so many times and so often that you have the impression to have not one student but  three, four in only one body!

11 Aug 2009     

anitarobi
Croatia

11 Aug 2009     

Caroline565
Australia

He he he! The brat is back! 𢔛ippeee...now for the fun and games and lets watch the sparks fly!!!! Hiya Ivona. We missed you so much!!!� I was away too but got back a week ago. Had no time to get to esl but hopefully will from now on.�HugCaroline.

11 Aug 2009     

manonski (f)
Canada

I think it īs hard not to judge our students. We can say we don īt at first but there is always that first impression...
Having said that, I īve sometimes been baffled by my first impressions and some students are very different in behaviour depending on the school subjects.

11 Aug 2009     

Caroline565
Australia

He he he! �The brat īs back. We missed her so much. Now there will be fun and games and "skin and hair" flying.�LOLHiya Ivona! We really did miss you. Hope your holiday was fab! 狢 was away too but back about a week ago. Was not in esl much but hopefully will get back in harness soon.�HugCaroline.

PS. 𤪻Ops! I thought my first pm had not gone...sorry but thatÂīs two welcomes for Bratty. lol

11 Aug 2009     

giovannademartin
Brazil

All the time... and I am usually wrong LOL!! Teens are like the wind...

12 Aug 2009     

cgato
Portugal

hi!
I have some trouble judging people (no matter how old they are) based on a first impression... because I īm judged (so are youBig smile) and not always very fairly.
I usually have an idea of a student-it īs human nature really- ... but I always keep an open mind...  my impressions are 70 % right- after 17 years of teaching- but I ALWAYS think that I may be wrong and I īve been wrong many times :)

Sometimes a rude behaviour hides  lot of pain! Sometimes a self confident behaviour hides a lot of lack of confidence... I trust my first impressions, but i need time to be sure they are right!|

By the way... Ivona, great sense of humour!! Not in this post but always!

And Nebal, very sensitive and kind as usuaL ( I wanted to leave that message but my web connection is getting worse)

A big HUG|!!

12 Aug 2009     

Anna P
Brazil

First impressions can be misleading. Many years ago I had a Kindergarten student who was really unique. Never played with other kids, didn īt like to participate in games or activities and was always mumbling to himself. At the playground he liked to look for rocks to collect and he did not know (or cared about)how to tie his shoes. Besides, he never combed his hair and was kind of dirty and smelly.  My very first impression was that he had a serious problem but... He got his second PHD before the age of 21!  The young fellow did not have autism, as I first thought, but was a genius!

12 Aug 2009     

< Previous   1    2