Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Teaching material > Romance films - 19th century    

Romance films - 19th century

moravc
Czech Republic

Romance films - 19th century

Hello, any girls around? :-D
I am looking for romantic films for teen girls - similar to Pride and Prejudice, Sense and Sensibility, Jane Eyre, Mansfield Park, Northanger Abbey, North and South etc...
I am looking for films BASED on English literature !
Any suggestions, please?

13 Aug 2009      

Akanah
Spain

Have you seen Possession? It mixes 19th and 21st centuries.

Pride and Prejudice is one of my favourites. BBC version is amazing but as it �s not a movie, you could try kiera knightley �s version, a great one.

Olga

13 Aug 2009     

serene
Greece

Hi moravc!
Perhaps you �ll find this useful:

13 Aug 2009     

libertybelle
United States

One of my favorites is Shakespeare in Love, although it isn �t based on a book but on that period in time.

If you ever want to use an American film/book - lots of my teens love the book and film A Walk to Remember.

L

13 Aug 2009     

aftab57
United Kingdom

some suggestions here.

13 Aug 2009     

Jayho
Australia

Anne of Green Gables is a well known popular classic and a lovely story for teenage girls

13 Aug 2009     

Nereis
Argentina

WUTHERING HEIGHTS the classical version  or the new one with Ralph Fiennes are great. The love story between Catherine and Heathcliff is the best !!!
Hughs
Nereis

13 Aug 2009     

cauffeypot
Albania

What about Romeo and Juliet, the 1970s version with Olivia Hussey? I was 18 when I saw Casablanca, but I loved that movie.

13 Aug 2009