Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Happy Birthday!     

Happy Birthday!

manonski (f)
Canada

Happy birthday! May your day be filled with joy and laughter!

15 Aug 2009     

FroggyClaudine
France

Happy birthday and many happy returns of the day.

15 Aug 2009     

Jayho
Australia

Hi Linlin

Correct me if I am wrong but hasn�t Victor already made a rule?  It�s in his thread that he posted back in May.

Take a look at his thread and the number of members that applauded his decision.  It had tremendous support.

I take your point re the migraine sufferers but unless you�ve been down that track yourself (or you have a student with visual sensitivities such as glare) you may not relate to it in the same way.  But no worries - what will be will be.

Cheers

Jayho

16 Aug 2009     

Damielle
Argentina

Happy birthday Patchy!!!

16 Aug 2009     

Vanesa B. Alegre
Argentina

16 Aug 2009     

Caroline565
Australia

Hmmmm...I see the "rule-breaking" clique are still having a ball . Ah well I for one will comply out of respect for Victor �s wishes... ie. to place such greetings in Cafe (if I feel the wish to do so). I could never be so arrogant as to ignore the rules in an attempt to feed my own ego and to gain the support of like-minded people.  Maybe it is the only way for some to get a "power" buzz??? It �s as if they are saying "we shall not conform to anyone �s rules...we are above all that"Geek.  Thankfully there are many others here who DO agree to be supportive of Victor �s suggestions. Sorry for having to post this but even the intro to this thread demonstrates how bitchy we can become at times.
Caroline.

17 Aug 2009     

Mar0919
Mexico

Hello all!!! As you �ve seen, I usually don �t take part in discussions, because, like I said, it kind of makes me feel sad seeing all these arguments. Anyway... I think we mustn �t act like our ss, be they kids, teenagers or even adults. We all have behaviour rules in our classroom, and some rules are well known even if they are not written down and posted on a wall. For example, we say, no running in the halls...BUT you can run all  you want in the playground, that �s what all that space is for, so you can run, so you can jump, and have fun. So please, don �t run in the halls. There can be (and always is) a student who will stand up to the teacher and say, "WHERE DOES IT SAY no running??? I don �t see a sign that says no running!"

So if we can �t follow a simple suggestion (let �s not call it RULE) to post all these greetings in the ESL Caf�... is it too hard for us? Unless it �s written in big red letters in the list of rules for the site? Come on, my friends!!! Let �s lighten up those spirits and be nice to each other!!!

For example, I didn �t know there was a caf� here until I saw all these discussions, and maybe not everyday, but I try to visit it often, and I �ve found such a warm vibe there... all these beautiful pictures teachers share with everyone... I think it �s a great place, just as it is this Forum.

No, I �m not Mother Theresa! LOL  I just wanted to put in my 2 cents and insist on what sharing and frienship is about.

Have a beautiful Sunday, and an even better week to come!!!

Hugs to all,

Mar

17 Aug 2009     

< Previous   1    2    3    4