Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Blank lesson plan    

Blank lesson plan

littlecityblue
France

Blank lesson plan

I feel a bit silly asking this after teaching esl for two years, but can anyone point me in the direction of a comprehensive blank lesson plan for the primary age group which doesn �t make reference to a text book?  At the moment, I write out all my lesson plans without filling in a form, and I have looked at making one myself but I �d appreciate some advice on what to include on a blank, just in case i �m missing something obvious and useful!!

Any ideas would be much appreciated!

18 Aug 2009      

miss K.
Ukraine

Try www.englishbanana.com or .org (you can find this site in the bookmarks here). There should be some kind of blank lesson plans and self evaluation sheets. Everything you download there is free.

18 Aug 2009     

anitarobi
Croatia

This is roughly how you might go about it (that �s how I sometimes do it, this one is a pretend fruit lesson plan for preschoolers):

GROUP:
DATE/NUMBER OF LESSON:

MAIN TOPIC: E. G. FRUIT
LINGUISTIC AIM: E. G. NEW VOCABULARY
EDUCATIONAL AIM: E. G. TALKING ABOUT HEALTHY FOOD
(UNIT/MODULE, etc. IF IT �S A BOOK PLAN)
KEY VOCABULARY: FRUIT WORDS (APPLE, BANANA...), HEALTHY/NOT HEALTHY
TEACHING MATERIALS: FLASHCARDS, MOVEMENTS, CD-PLAYER, WSS, REAL FRUIT, BLACK BAG

INTRODUCTORY PART:
cca 10 mins
use flashcards to introduce key vocabulary (use varied voices, play what �s missing, correct the teacher, etc.)
revise vocabulary using word games

MAIN PART:
cca 25 mins
revise new vocabulary using a ppt or a book illustration
ws - a coloring dictation with various fruit/ writing ws (depends on level) + discuss which of food is healthy, which not
song or rhyme on fruit - use CD-player, have sts clap when they hear a fruit word, press pause and have sts sing what �s next, sing with basic mime-movements, etc.
revise key vocabulary using word games

FINAL PART:
cca 10 mins
have a black bag/box ready full of real fruit or small, plastic fruit toys
have sts sit around in a circle, close their eyes and pull out a piece of fruit - they can touch it, ask questions about it, smell it and then guess - have all sts take their turn

EXTRA: here, perhaps you can add some additional activities you can do in case there is time left or e. g. your ppt doesn �t work, or if there �s a st with special needs so you have to prepare sth special for him/her

I know this is not very academic, but it works for me. Of course, you need to work out more details, especially for older, more advanced groups, and the level of wss and word games will differ, but basically, this is what you have to know - 1. what is the main topic for today?
2. what do I want to teach them as far as language is concerned, 3. how do I want to go about it to teach them about life, 4. what do I need to teach them that, 5. how do I want to organise my lesson... I hope this helps some...
Anita

18 Aug 2009     

mariamit
Greece

I have used these in the past and they have helped. Take a look at them. You �ll probably find something useful.

http://www.ncrtec.org/tl/lp/      You can actually type out your lesson plan then print it

Maria

18 Aug 2009