Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Solvang - and California in general    

Solvang - and California in general

karina7777
Denmark

Solvang - and California in general

Dear teachers,

I have taken a year off - wheeee!- and am leaving for USA this Friday. I �ll spend a month there; primarily in California and Nevada.
Will spend a week at the Burning Man Festival and am also going to spend time in San Francisco, Solvang, Sonoma Valley and Las Vegas.

My question is: Are any of you guys by any chance from Solvang? We (I am travelling with one of my colleagues) have been teaching at a so-called ghetto school here in Denmark and would find it so interesting to visit this idyllic "Danish ghetto" in California - and we �d love to visit the local school. 

Furthermore: Do any of you Americans in here have any travelling tips for us? Something you �d recommened along our route?
Anybody going to Burning Man?

Thanks a lot - you can PM me or mail me at [email protected]

HugKarina

19 Aug 2009      

Spagman63
Hong Kong

Be careful of the water in each place. Each location uses different chemicals and all of those chemicals combined can mess up your stomach. Many people get sick while traveling because of this. Restaurants like to give iced water to you as a free drink. Ironic that the very thing we need to live is killing us.  

19 Aug 2009