Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Revisiting the copyright/stolen ws subject    

Revisiting the copyright/stolen ws subject

Tint
South Africa

Revisiting the copyright/stolen ws subject

Two days ago, I posted here relating to a forum that was using ESLprintables worksheets. You can find the original thread here:
http://www.eslprintables.com/forum/topic.asp?id=11218&page=2

I also notified a couple of ESLprintables members that their worksheets were specifically being used. Unfortunately, the forum was closed to public access, so no one could get in to check if their materials were being used. It is now only open to those who receive new invitations.

I have received a few private messages here asking for information and, in some cases, offering information. I honestly don �t know more than I put in my original thread. I don �t know the people involved or the group. I posted about it to alert people to their worksheets being used. Having said that, here is what you can do if your worksheet was used or if you know the circumstances surrounding the group....

Ning.com, the site that hosts the group, has very specific copyright rules. If they are using stolen material, they can be reported!

Ning �s TOS (Terms of Service), as posted here, include:

14. Acceptable Use and Conduct

You are solely responsible for your conduct, Your Social Networks, Your Code, and Your Content on the Ning Platform. We want to keep the Social Networks on Ning safe and fun for everyone and the use of the Ning Platform for unlawful or harmful activities is not allowed. In defining "safe and fun," you specifically agree that:

You will not post, email or make available any Content to Users or use the Ning Platform:

* In a manner that infringes, violates or misappropriates any third party �s intellectual property rights or other proprietary rights or contractual rights;

* to facilitate the unlawful distribution of copyrighted content;

Using material from this site goes against Ning �s TOS. The site can be reported to Ning by writing to this email address: E-Mail: [email protected]

I hope this information is helpful to those who asked Smile

22 Aug 2009      

arlissa
United States

It �s too bad we can �t check for ourselves to see if our worksheets are being used, but thank you for the advice about contacting Ning.

23 Aug 2009     

diva2402
Panama

HI VICTOR:
I DON�T KNOW WHATS GOING ON???I MADE A WS TWO WEEKS AGO AND I HAVE THE SAME AMOUNT OF POINTS...SOME MEMBERS ARE DOWNLOADING MY WS AND I DON�T RECEIVE THEM....PLEASE HELP!!!!!
I AM HAPPY TO BE A MEMBER OF THIS COMMUNITY AND I CAN�T PREPARE WS EVERY DAY, BECAUSE I WORK IN THE MORNING SHIFT AND IN THE AFTERNOON SHIFT AND IT IS DIFFICULT TO CREATE MORE WS...
ONCE AGAIN....HEEEELP

HAVE A NICE WEEKEND

BYE

23 Aug 2009     

Tint
South Africa

Thanks Stexstme. I do hope they find it useful.

@Arlissa - I wish we could check, but they shut the doors so hard and fast, no one could get in and it is now by invitation only.

@Diva - I suggest that if you want Victor �s attention, you either PM him or start a new thread (link is at the bottom of the home page). I �m not sure why you �re worried though. You have over 700 points! That is a lot of points. You could download two non-recent worksheets a day and still have ample for the year with those points. On a side note, it would be nice if you didn �t leave your entire message in Caps lock (all capitals). It makes for uncomfortable reading.

23 Aug 2009