Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > help please    

help please

sarahgriffin
Ireland

help please

hi there

I know my question is not esl related, and if I shouldn �t be posting this here, please, let me know.  But I �m wondering if someone can help me. 

I would like to know how to say "a smoking room " and "a non-smoking room" in Spanish.

As in a hotel room.

Would you say una habitacion fumadora / non fumadora?

thanks

22 Aug 2009      

marbellera
Spain

Hi, well I�m afraid the answer is slightly different. It would be " una habitaci�n para fumadores y para no fumadores". Hope I helped you.

22 Aug 2009     

sarahgriffin
Ireland

a-ha!!

I had a feeling it was something like this as I couldn �t find a specific word for it in the dictionary!!  thank you!!!

22 Aug 2009     

cynab
Spain

Hi! You can also say �sala de fumadores � o �sala de no fumadores �.

Regards

23 Aug 2009     

broncesambar
Argentina

Or if you are at a restaurant, you say "Sector Fumadores" o "Sector No fumadores"
Regards

23 Aug 2009     

alexa09
Argentina

i totally agree with broncesambar "sector fumadores " y "sector no fumadores" is the best , most commonly used and it applies to any place....

23 Aug 2009     

JulietaVL
Mexico

I would say:

"Habitaci�n anti-tabaco" talking about a  "non-smoking room"

23 Aug 2009     

isabelzr
Spain

I think " sala de fumadores o zona de fumadores " and " sala de no fumadores o zona de no fumadores" is better

23 Aug 2009