Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Help ! I need to change !    

Help ! I need to change !

Faurfab
France

Help ! I need to change !

Hi everybody ! The holidays are nearly over and I am  preparing my first lessons!
I am excited to start a new year with some new pupils. Each year is so different from the previous one ! It �s a real challenge each time and I love it ! I love my job and in spite of the hard work, I wouldn �t want to change!
i need your help for my first years because I would like to find new materials to teach them about greetings (How are you?/ I �m fine/ I �m not very well/ Nice to meet you/ Good morning/ good ...). I am fed up of using the same old Tintin comics each year. These listening comprehensions were really good but I need to change!! So could someone help me? I would be very grateful! They need to revise these basic phrases but I would like to find an original and interesting way to do it!
Thanks for helping me.
I would also like to find English speaking penfriends for three of my classes (12 to 14 years old) to give them more motivation! So if someone is interested in my project, don �t hesitate and send me a message.
Thank you and nice new school year!
Fabienne

24 Aug 2009      

gulcihan
Turkey

Hi Fabienne,
Our new term will start at the end of september .In new term I can suggest my students your students as pen friends.This will be very helpful for learning.I have students at the age of 10 - 14.If you interest pen friends from Turkey,Please write me about this. 
Gulcihan,

24 Aug 2009     

Caroline565
Australia

When you said �first years � I believe you meant that they were absolute beginners. A ball game is always fun. You seat them in a circle (I hope you do not have a large class of more than 20) and you start the game. You throw the ball to Student 1 and say, "Hello, Mona." Mona catches the ball and throws it to Student 2 and says, "Hello, Mike." and so on. Of course, this is an easy version. After you have finished the round, you can start again with, "Hello, Mona. I �m Caroline." or "Hello, Mona. How are you?" to which she replies with, "I �m fine thanks. (turns to another student) Hello, Mike, how are you?" etc. It �s really up to you and what you want to practise with them.
Also, music statues is a great game. You play the music, the students walk about, once you stop the music, they have to introduce themselves to the person nearest them and ask how they are.

24 Aug 2009