Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Grammar and Linguistics > "Sorry I īm late, I īve missed the bus." or "Sorry I īm late I missed the bus."?    

"Sorry I īm late, I īve missed the bus." or "Sorry I īm late I missed the bus."?

Zora
Canada

Actually Spagman... America wasn īt called America til 1507, it was named after America Vespucio - an Italian seaman that sailed with Columbus.

Soo... I am guessing he said.. "Hey guys, I discovered a new place, let īs call it Columbusville!" LOL

25 Aug 2009     

Tere-arg
Argentina

My opinion:

Oh...well...He thought he had arrived in India, didnīt he?  Confused

Iīve missed the bus  would mean it happened minutes ago, but how did the person get to the place? It must have taken him/her some time so by the time he/she arrives, he should say:

Sorry, Iīm late. I missed the bus.

26 Aug 2009     

genzianella
Italy

That was an interesting topic! I have to say that the difference between simle past/resent perfect sometimes has me puzzled too!!
By the way, Zora, the name of the seaman was AMERIGO VESPUCCI LOL

11 Sep 2009     

douglas
United States

I like Zora īs explanation the best.

By the way:  has anybody heard from Libertybelle lately??  (( Smile ))

11 Sep 2009     

< Previous   1    2