Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Teaching material > to Greek state school teachers - coursebooks for Lyceum     

to Greek state school teachers - coursebooks for Lyceum

serene
Greece

to Greek state school teachers - coursebooks for Lyceum

Hello dear friends!
As I was searching the net for the new list of approved books for Lyceum - it still hasn �t arrived at my school - I thought it would be very interesting to find out which coursebooks teachers all over Greece are using and whether they are content with them.
Two years ago I used Laser D (Macmillan) with my first graders and it worked very well in class. The units were split into lessons which fitted perfectly into our 45-minute classes. My students generally liked it a lot although in the end I decided that they needed a higher level coursebook. So last year I used Laser B1+, which I found somewhat uneven. I mean that although the reading passages are quite demanding, some of the tasks in the other sections (esp. vocabulary) are too simple. On the whole, what I liked most about Laser series is that the exercises in each unit (even in the workbook) are all directly related to the topic of the unit. They are not just a compilation of irrelevant sentences as I have seen in other coursebooks.
Of course, I always try to supplement my teaching with extra material I take from various sources - including ESL Printables - but I think that a suitable coursebook is still very important, at least for those of us who don �t have access to modern technological equipment.
This is why I would really appreciate your comments on the books you have been using.
Thanks a lot in advance!
Wishing you all a happy new school year!
Have a nice day!
serene 

26 Aug 2009