Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Does is happen to all teachers?    

Does is happen to all teachers?

N.F.T
South Africa

Does is happen to all teachers?

Does it happen to all teachers?  I had a bad teacher day with one of my private students today.  We both a little under the weather (not h1n1 but still not feeling great) but I still feel like I owe her the hour and a half - today was MOST unproductive and I feel like I �m to blame for this one.

Should I admit it to her?  I have no intentions of giving up at all - not my style - but I do think I owe her an explanation/apology for today.

Tell me this happens? 

Does sh#@t just happen sometimes?

27 Aug 2009      

manonski (f)
Canada

The way I see it is that sometimes you �re not the one who �s very productive and sometimes it �s our students � turn.
Nobody is perfect.

27 Aug 2009     

miss K.
Ukraine

I don �t think to have to appologise to your student in this case. Maybe she hasn �t noticed it wasn �t your best day.

27 Aug 2009     

anitarobi
Croatia

But then again, sometimes you have a really great day and the lesson teaches the st sth worth 3 lessons, isn �t that right? So don �t worry so much. Just keep up the good work.

27 Aug 2009     

libertybelle
United States

You �re not an entertainer. Our job is to come with materials or ideas that ignite the desire to learn. We serve the ball, but the students have to run with it.
So if it was a slow day, it could just as well be the student �s fault and not yours.

L

27 Aug 2009     

Zora
Canada

I wouldn �t worry about it. We all have good and bad days. Heaven knows our students don �t apologize for having a "stupid day" as I like to call them (only to myself of course...)  LOL

It �s like Manonski said. Maybe today you are less productive but I am sure there are others that you do a lesson in 30 minutes, the student picks up the concept perfectly and you still have time for more things.

27 Aug 2009     

winky2
United Kingdom

I �m afraid it happens to all of us from time to time. But I belive that realising that our lesson was not as good as it should be, is very important and makes us good teachers. When you notice it, you can do sth about it.  
So I wouldn �t worry too much about it :)

27 Aug 2009     

N.F.T
South Africa

thanks to all the teachers that offered some assurance and guidance. 

much appreciated !

m

27 Aug 2009