Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > For portuguese teachers    

For portuguese teachers

Ana B
Portugal

For portuguese teachers

Dear Portuguese colleagues:

I just want to say � for those of you that, like me, are waiting to know what their future will be like next 4 years � good luck! May this day � or tomorrow -  be a day to remember! I will be teaching close to home and my baby girl � hopefully!

Greetings from sunny North!

27 Aug 2009      

Ana B
Portugal

This message was only meant to Portuguese teachers because they understand it. In fact, most of us - young ones and not so young ones - are about to know where we �ll be placed next four years.
Our government is about to let us know what our schools will be. Today or tomorrow. I �m not desperate because I know I �ll have a place to work near home. However, can you imagine how many of my fellow-colleages aren �t as lucky as me? They may or may not have a place to work and if they do sometimes it is far away from home and they won �t earn enough to support themselves and their families...
What I wanted to do was to give a bit of hope and send good vibes to my fellow-colleages...!

27 Aug 2009     

Ana B
Portugal

Thank you, you �re very kind!
 I �ve been teaching for 12 years and I �ve lived almost everywhere in my country, north to south!
Now I �ll be teaching near home - I just don �t know exactly what school - that �s what I �m waiting to know!

27 Aug 2009     

Ana B
Portugal

Well, thanks for your kind words!
I have a little baby girl now... I don �t have as much free time as I used to...
Greetings from sunny, hot and beautiful Portugal!!!Smile

27 Aug 2009     

Rosangella
Brazil

Hello colleagues,

I  am feeling sadness with your narratives. Fortunately, here In BRAZIL, I am  a permanet teacher. I teach in public schools, my chief is the State Government. I have two functions( each one with 20 hours) I have  free health service for me and my family, 13th salary,  holidays 1/3 payment in January,and I  go on holidays for 45 days in a year .My classes are permanents, years post years. Our governor is Roberto Requi�o, an excellent governant. Thanks God I was happy and I did not know.

God bless all of you.
Hugs from Brazil,
Rosangella  

27 Aug 2009     

cgato
Portugal

Hi Ana!!

I understand you very well!! I have been in the same school for 10 year. - I �ve moved to this city where I live in now because I knew it was very difficult to get closer to where I lived before . But I feel the anxiety of my colleagues at this time. After 3 years toghether we feel very close. Smile
As you, I just hope every one gets closer to home. I will try my best to receive my new colleagues and make them them feel at home! Because sometimes it �s really difficult.
Good luck to you all, also from the north of Portugal- Famalic�o

Best wishes

27 Aug 2009     

N.F.T
South Africa

Good luck to you all.  I �m not sure what �s going on there but you sound desperate.  What �s going on if you don �t mind me asking?

27 Aug 2009     

winky2
United Kingdom

I feel very sorry for all Portuguese teachers - it seems so unfair to me that the government takes the decision where you will work Unhappy
I keep my fingers closed for all of you - I hope you will get the job wherever you want to.

Good luck

27 Aug 2009     

carlaaguiarsilva
Portugal

good luck everyone! I am so nervous....

27 Aug 2009     

Carla74
Portugal

I have been a teacher for almost 15 years but I don �t belong to that group anymore because unfortunately I gave up teaching in state schools three years ago.

I am only in the AEC �s, teaching primary kids. I have just known  today that I will stay in the same "Agrupamento" this year, same schools, same pupils, same lousy salary, but regarding our sad reality, it �s better than nothing. At least I am in my hometown with my daughter.

But my thoughts are with all of you!Good luck, dear friends!! GOOD VIBES!!!Smile

27 Aug 2009     

cgato
Portugal

Again, good luck! To my colleagues and thanks to all ,who are not portuguese teachers, for caring!
Hug

Good vibes indeed Carla!!! to all of you! ( not me, but to my friends)

27 Aug 2009     

1    2    Next >