Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > past simple and past contiuous    

past simple and past contiuous

Mouna mch
Algeria

past simple and past contiuous

dear teachers,

i need your help!

my learners are creating a school magazine. So, now they are JOURNALISTS.

they will report real events using past simple/past continuous.

They problem is that i need to prepare them before doing the real job!

any ideas? any good WS or LP? any good PICTURE READING activities?

thaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaanks 4 ur time!

1 Sep 2009      

libertybelle
United States

Past simple and past continuous are probably the largest grammar categories here at ESL.
Just write past simple in the search column above and start looking.
There are millions of great worksheets there.

good luck
L

1 Sep 2009     

dehghani
Iran

hi there,
u can make a guess work pictorial page on the magazine. having 2 different pics on each part, one about the present time the other about past(continuous) and the person who reads the magazine has to to guess what happened before for the thing and the present situation as well. such as 2 pics of a person, 1 showing him working in a garden and the other taking a rest.

good luck
 mehdi
Bartarin Englih School

1 Sep 2009     

sharon f
Israel

If you need help with grammar, this site is the best place for excellent worksheets.
If you need help with journalism issues, I can email you a file with basic journalism principles taken from  http://www.pearl.iearn.org

sharon

1 Sep 2009     

miyoko71
Morocco

First you have to decide about the topic you want to deal with.Then there are the five questions that the topic has to answer, which are:"what, where, when, why and who."."how " is usually done without
sentences shouldn �t be long.Ask the students(journalists) to begin with the most important event in their story(that �s what we call "inverted pyramid").Pictures are very meaningful , so they have to be chosen carefully.
HOPE THIS HELPS.

1 Sep 2009