Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Online Teaching Course    

Online Teaching Course

Kate (kkcat)
Russian Federation

Online Teaching Course

My dear colleagues, have you ever heard about online TEFL Certification Courses? Have you taken them? What do you think about this way of getting teaching certificates? I am interested in this and would love to listen to the opinions of people who have done this before or have thought about it before. Thank you in advance and have  a great Sunday! Hug

6 Sep 2009      

bamarcia
Brazil

Hi Kate,

I �ve never taken any online courses, but I am considering enrolling for the DELTA online course offered by Bell Schools, I �ve taken their courses in the UK in different occasions and they are a respectable institute. I �ve been sending students and teachers to their in-house courses for almost two decades and never had a single problem. On the contrary, I only have praise to them. Let me know if you decide on a course and we could be "class"mates. Wouldn �t it be nice? Click here for Bell teacher´s courses.

xoxo,
Marcia

Edit: I took the COTE (now CELTA) from International House, but it was not the online version either. They´re very good too and they also have online courses. Check IH teacher´s courses here.
These are the ones I´ve taken and highly recommend.

6 Sep 2009     

Judith@rwen
Argentina

Hi Kate,

Thank you for posting this message I �ve been asking myself the same question.
Thank you Marcia for the info, it sounds really interesting! I �d love to take one of these too. Has anyone from Argentina ever done any of these courses?

Have a wonderful Sunday!

6 Sep 2009     

Lana.
Ireland

Hi Kate,

the only course I �ve heard of is the i-to-i Course, it �s quite popular among those native speakers who intend to teach abroad, this course is not recognised in Ireland as valid provider. That much I know. Smile

Thanks Bamarcia for the link, they sound interesting, the Delta in particular...

6 Sep 2009     

crashid
Peru

Hi Kate and Lana,

I suggest you to be very careful if you take the on line courses, I never want to be pessimist but you must be sure. I took the i-to-i course, I paid a lot of money and I wasn �t successful.

I haven �t got my Grammar certificate from them yet. Let me tell you that my personal tutor in i-to-i, was making things difficult for me, she was finding lots of mistakes in my submitted assignments so that I waste time, and I will have to pay a fee to keep studying.
The business is that you should finish the course within 6 months, but because I have a full time job and I am a mother, I was working slowly and my tutor was making things more difficult for me so that I take more than 6 months to finish the course.

I have an American friend (she is a professor at Indiana University), I requested her to help me finding out if i-to-i is has real accreditation and it �s worldwide recognized, she told me that it �s not recognized institution. I just warn you to be careful on which course you select. If you have a foreigner friend from US or England, request then to find out  you if the course you select is  recognized or not.

Ive heard that this  institution http://www.ihlondon.com/ is recognized, because they take people from my country to study in England, of course each individual pay for their studies and staying in England during the course, but they have some online courses as well.

Good luck and Keep in touch if any help.

Ceci.

7 Sep 2009