Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Deaf Awareness week.    

Deaf Awareness week.

Mia1
South Africa

Deaf Awareness week.

This week we are having International Week of the Deaf People (7th to 13th September).  This is to help everyone be aware that there are Deaf people out there.  I am one of the Deaf people and just wanted to let you all know that this week is all about us. 

Let me know if you are also have this week aside for the Deaf.

It will be interesting for my class to know that other countries are also making this week special for the Deaf.

Have a great day!

7 Sep 2009      

Tint
South Africa

Hi Mia,

I �m a certified SADSL interpreter, a certificate which is useless to me here in Brazil : ) I think I may just do a lesson on Deaf awareness this week. I must figure out a way to adapt it to our locals. Do you have lesson plans on the subject? Do you teach ESL in a deaf school? I was associated with Fulton School for the Deaf in Durban.

7 Sep 2009     

epit
Turkey

In Turkey  deaf students don �t  usually have special school.  But in our city we have a speciall school for them inside university campus. It gives very good education to its students You can easily know this kind of students because they always talkbetween themselves with the helping their hands.I call them bee children.They don �t get tired of talking.When you sit near by them, you feel  yourself inside a big beehive.But they are very cheerfull and lively.There are also some faculty departments that train teachers for deaf students I have heard that they have Turkish,science,maths and social teachers but I haven �t heard anything for foreign language teachers may be they have too.We don �t have the week of deaf people but we have a special week for all disabilitied people �s week between the 10 th and 17 th of May.As the schools aren �t open at the begining of September we don �t make a special day for them.

7 Sep 2009