Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > DOUBT    

DOUBT

veraviana
Portugal

DOUBT

Hey everyone!
I wonder if you could share your experience and opinion with me on this one.
When you test your students (I mean as in a written test), you correct it, grade it and then you give it back to them, right? The lesson you do that, what do you usually write in the summary? I always write HANDING BACK AND CORRECTING THE WRITTEN TEST but lots of people in Portugal write DELIVERY AND CORRECTION OF THE WRITTEN TEST. Isn �t this wrong? Delivery?
Thanks in advance!
Hugs,
Vera

7 Sep 2009      

Zora
Canada

Delivery - NO! Never... that is wrong, wrong, wrong...

"Handing back..." is correct. Although, I �d say... "Handing back of (corrected) written test." if you are not going to review them.

"Handing back and review of written test" - if you are going to hand them back and then go over them with students. 

7 Sep 2009     

douglas
United States

Could also say "Return and review written tests"

7 Sep 2009     

L.A.
Portugal

Delivery!?Never!Where on earth have you seen that here in Portugal?
I usually summarise: Correction of the written test. I see no need in having to write down that you handed in the tests...I mean it �s implicit, isn �t it?
But if you find it absolutely necessary then just use "Handing in the written tests".
There is also no such thing as "Continuation". This I �ve seen before. In this case I usually summarise: Carrying on with ... or Concluding the exercises on....started in the previous lesson.
I hope you find these suggestions useful.

7 Sep 2009     

Mouna mch
Algeria

hi..

here, we call it REMEDIAL WORK..

because the T in this session, rework on the points that s/he finds out, through correcting the exam papers, that the learners don �t assimilate it enough...
then, T gives papers back with NO GRADES ON THEM, learners should now know what they have done wrong and what is the correct answer.. they evalute and correct themselves..
this is why we call it remedial work..

7 Sep 2009     

Carla74
Portugal

Hi, dear Vera!

I always use "Handing back and correction of the written tests" in my summary.

I �ve never heard the word "delivery" in this context.

Hugs, carla

7 Sep 2009     

Ticas
Portugal

Hello Vera,
I always say "Handing in and correcting the written tests".
Bye!

7 Sep 2009     

douglas
United States

I �ve always used "handing in " as giving it to the teacher and "handing out" as giving it to the students. 

(and never heard "delivering" used in this case)

7 Sep 2009