Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > PLEASE, I NEED YOUR TIPS    

PLEASE, I NEED YOUR TIPS

JUANBEGI
Spain

PLEASE, I NEED YOUR TIPS

Hi, my dear colleague. Hope you have had a nice summer. I need your help. I am going to write an article about the way the Simpsons (of course :D) can contribute to the development of communicative competence: strategic competence, grammar competence, sociolinguistic competence, discoursive competence...in our classrooms. I know I can approach this topic from different perespectives but I �d like to know your opinions and tips. Thanks once again from Andalusia. A big HuG :D

8 Sep 2009      

moravc
Czech Republic

If you give us your work, we �ll give our tips and comments... so if you have an article about The Simpsons, please post it...
I am sure you can implement a lot of grammar in one article - tenses, modals, un-countables, there is/are, prepositions etc...

8 Sep 2009     

moravc
Czech Republic

I suppose students love The Simpsons worksheets because they are their heroes.
All "competences" can be "gained" by watching the films, reading subtitles / scripts, comics etc and trying to find the given grammar point / vocabulary or pronunciation problem etc...

Sorry, I am not a linguist, but why don �t you implement EXAMPLES in your article?
Your experience? What YOUR students liked?

8 Sep 2009