Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Games, activities and teaching ideas > Help me     

Help me

D@N! P
Brazil

Help me

Hello, you guys.

I�m new here at ESL pintables, so it�s a pleasure to meet you all.

My problem is that I�m not a very creative teacher. And my classes are too long.

So I need ways to make it more interesting to students. This week I have to teach about nationalities, countries, capitals and tourist spots. But, the other problem that I also have is that I must cover 14 books activities.

So, please help me with ideas for teaching these subjects, especially some kind of games and competitions. But, these activities can take too long.

Thanks a lot.

9 Sep 2009      

maggieudb
El Salvador

I have got a boardgame about countries and nationalities...maybe u can use it but u need dices...

9 Sep 2009     

reeta1
Canada

try matching activities where one student has the beginning of a sentence or a picture and the other student has to walk around the class and find his partner. That takes about five to ten minites and it �s great to start the class. Have the students dsign a poster for a particular tourist attraction.

9 Sep 2009     

Somaa
Syria

I think creativity is a gift from God, but for you i think it �s better to focus on the conent rather than the amount in your lesson. So, try to make your lesson as enjoiable as you can and forget about exhusting your students with alot of materials and grammatical stuff.

Best wishes

9 Sep 2009     

alyonushka145
Kazakhstan

Hello, I am also a newcomer here :)
Here is a game, that may help you.
you can change it a little -  for example instead of my name wite my nationality, etc.
hope, you can use it...

9 Sep 2009     

Zora
Canada

Sorry, I don �t have anything to interject but the image is making my page toooooo big!! So I am adding a comment here. Sorry!

9 Sep 2009