Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > A doubt about flash cards related to MONTHS.    

A doubt about flash cards related to MONTHS.

Aimee/S.
Israel

Ok dear friends, let �s stop this, Caroline and I have sent pm �s to each other and everything is fine now. Let �s stop this - please -  thanks a lot!
On Saturday and Sunday we �ll be celebrating "Rosh Hashanah" - the Jewish New Year - and it �s important to ask for forgiveness and take good resolutions for the New Year. So I want to give a good example and ask you to forgive me - it wasn �t my intention to hurt any of you. And Silke, Lana, Serene, I care a lot about your opinions...
Many thanks again.
Heart Aimee.

17 Sep 2009     

rakelica
Spain

As far as I am concerned you are forgiven Aimee! and don�t worry so much

Have a happy Rosh Hashanh Wink

Love, Raquel

17 Sep 2009     

Ivona
Serbia

Hel-loooo! Would you, please, stop calling me "counterpart" or "a certain member" or ... well, i can �t remember all the names you called me ... I �m Ivonaaaaa! LOL

17 Sep 2009     

Olindalima ( F )
Portugal

Smile    LOL     Hug

Heheheh ! I love your way, Ivonita, you are TERRIBLE!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have been following this thread and, I also thought of moths and not months, because it could be that way, why not?
Now, that everything was getting  clear, a few of us had showed up, had written, very politely, what we thought about the subject, Aimee ( Hi, my dear ) had understood that, probably, she had been a little quick when she wrote her post ( you are always so sweet ) and now, now that everything is OK who shows up? Guess!

The most terrible teacher, our lovely Ivona.

I think Ivona is a lovely person, she is very creative with her work, she shares lots of brilliant ideas, and I think that intelligent and clever people are, usually, full of sense of humor. I always read her posts thinking that she is a funny person and she has a special way to deal with things. It is very difficult, when we write this kind of short messages to understand our intonation, we can �t see if the other is writing something and smiling at the same time or, if something is being written in a real rude way. That �s why emoticons are so important, they avoid other people from misunderstanding us.

But my dear Ivona loves to tease, I have already told her, her problem with me is that I find her almost my tween soul. So, it never works with me.

I love you Ivona, but Aimee has a very special place in my heart, so , please, stop this immediately, post something in a very friendly way to each other, to show everybody that you are, both, two very special teachers and fellows.

17 Sep 2009     

Lana.
Ireland

Heart Heart Heart Ying Yang Thumbs Up  Clap Hug

These are love, hugs and peace for everyone on this site and in this thread.
We´re all awfully nice, creative, genuine, kind, talented, sensitive, honourable et cetera et cetera.

More hugs here:

Hug Hug Hug Hug Hug  Not how the smileys all offer their hugs at different times.

Something else for all of us:

17 Sep 2009     

Ivona
Serbia

Ahhhh, olinda-blinda! LOL
I posted a reply to marion �s post and saw your long one and said, "nah, i can �t bother", then "well, maybe i should", and then "nah, i �d better do sth more meaningful than trying to explain myself for the millionth time", and finally, "ahhhh, well, i �ll try it one more time". So here �s an

official announcement:

- i do not hate anybody
- i do not mean harm to anyone
- i tease others for the sake of fun and breaking the monotony and am very well able to laugh at myself (Aimee and others know i made myself explode in the cafe when i was the hunter; i could have made a totally different story and hunted all the cats and dogs and squirrels and torture them and cripple them ... urgh ... but i didn �t - it was a JOKE at myself)
- i do not bear a grudge against anyone (Damielle, JulietaVL, eng789, Aimee/S. ... - now i need that list of names from the cafe Wink) and have already forgotten about the cafe and the images. I don �t even go there because my pc goes totally crazy wehn it tries to download the page
- i think that being polite is being false - especially when you don �t mean what you say (e.g. when you call me "dear" and i �m not at all dear to you, or when Doug �s hairstyle is not the best one he could have, but you still tell him he looks "fine" and "nice". He �s much more of an eye-candy with shorter hair. I cannot lie to him and it �s his problem if he can �t take it. But i admire his resolution to have it his way even though TWO women (so far) hate his cut - his wife and me LOL)
- i will not change my way only to please people and to be "loved" by them. If i �m a banana and you all are oranges, why would i change into one of you?? Or why would you change into one of me? Aimee apologised to the other members only because she "cared about their opinion of her". If she really minded the way Caroline reacted, then she should have stuck to it, OR changed her mind only if she really thought she had been wrong - but NOT to please the others. It makes me wonder if the cafe-gang would have changed their way if the silent ones had spoken that time - would they have changed their minds and met me/us half-way??
- and YES, Caroline IS my counter-part. She �s the reason, i �m the heart. She �s sensible, i �m impulsive. She �s Greg (metaphorically Wink), I �m Dharma. We complement each other. While it seems to others that she runs after me like a puppy and says �yay � to my �yay � and �no � to my �no �, they should know that she and I have had quite a few turbulent arguments over serious and silly stuff either through PM �s or skype, but we would finish them off with a laugh and hugs. I just adore her.
- and from now on whenever i post something look at it through the haha-glasses. Thumbs Up

17 Sep 2009     

Olindalima ( F )
Portugal

Thumbs Up
You are a postcard.
BTW, I agree about Douglas. I didn �t mention it, because, in fact I think it is not my business. What is important is that he feels fine with his new look.
C u

17 Sep 2009     

joy2bill
Australia

I think part of the problem with a site like this is that we cannot see the twinkle in a person �s eye when they say something "tongue in cheek".Cry

Also there are so many cultural differences when it comes to humour.

If you were to see my "boss" and  I talking you would think we really hated each other but downunder we often use sarcasm and insults as forms of humour. I know that the more she insults me the more she loves me.Evil Smile

Poor studentsConfused. No wonder they can be so confused.

The other point is concerning a sign we have in our staffroom which reminds us to be extra nice to everyone as we all have our own personal battles going on.

So here  are a few moths for those who were anticipating them. Ha! Ha! Joy

17 Sep 2009     

Caroline565
Australia

Ohhhh! �Ivona what are you trying to do? You have "let the cat (or squirrel or...) out of the bag now! We do NOT fight in PMs. She �s fibbing my friends...we are so lovey-dovey in our contactClown. Don �t believe her ! She is just having a bad day so I forgive herLOL. �Ivona my DEAR ( to use one of your best loved phrases) you must cease making up stories like this. I was going to PM you but decided to go public on this grave matter.�Wink But to keep you as a friend I had better give you a BIG�Hug

Caroline.

17 Sep 2009     

< Previous   1    2