Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Microsoft word 2007    

Microsoft word 2007

flo84
France

Microsoft word 2007

Hi everybody

In my school this year we work with microsoft word 2007. At home I still use word2003. The problem is that I can �t open at home the documents I have made at school so I will soon have to install word2007 at home. But I am a bit worried concerning my contributions on ESL. If I make worksheets using word2007, will they be displayed correctly on ESLprintables or do I take the risk to have corrupted documents ? Can Victor help me or anybody else using word2007 ?

Thank you

Flo

19 Sep 2009      

JulietaVL
Mexico

Hi Flo

There is no problem if you use word 2007 to create worksheets, you always have the option (when saving a document) of saving it in the version 2003, just look carefully, when you are about saving a document it shows you what version of word you want.... if you never choose an option (as I think you do ) obviously it is going to save it as word 2007 �cause taht is the version you are using

So, next time you are at school save the documents like this and you won �t have problems to open the files at home

19 Sep 2009     

lode57
France

Hello!

I use word 2007, you just have to save your document under "document word 97-2003"! That way, if you do so at school, you don �t even have to install word 2007 at home!

Have a good weekend!

19 Sep 2009     

flo84
France

THANK YOU JULIETA and LODE57 FOR YOUR HELP. So now I know I can open my files at home even if I don �t have the 2007version. But I �d like to know if I install 2007 at home, will I still be able to send my contributions on ESL ? I mean will they be displayed correctly if I don �t save them in the version 2003 ?

Have a great week end and thank you again

Flo

19 Sep 2009     

life_line
Ukraine

Hey there dear Flo! I �m using Word 2007 as well and there �s no problem as far as I know. Just save them as Word 2003 documents, there �s an option for that. The problem that you can �t open them at home is just they are saved in �docx �, not � �doc � format, you just can remove the final �x � from the format in the properties and you �ll be all set =) hope this helps. See you around!

19 Sep 2009     

HOLYMARY_852
India

Dear Flo,
We can upload printables on this web site having the extension .doc. So, even if you use Word 2007, save your documents with the extension .doc and not .docx.

19 Sep 2009