Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > A very sad day for me and for school    

A very sad day for me and for school

Eyra
Spain

A very sad day for me and for school

Hello to all the members of this wonderful website.

In the same way we share our worksheets and happiness in some special occasions, I �d like to share my sadness today with all of you.

I attended the funeral of one of my students yesterday. She �s been fighting against a growing brain tumour for the last two years. She was only 14 when doctors found out why she started being very quiet and sleepy. She was given only 6 months of life by then. However, her enormous desire of learning and getting good marks kept her with us for a bit longer. Last Friday night, death decided to take her out from us.

English wasn�t her piece of cake but since she felt ill, she was very interested in learning as much as possible and getting one of the best marks in the classroom even though all the treatment she got in hospitals,kept her out of school from time to time.

It �s a very sad day for me having followed this long illness and for school as we have lsotone of the best students we �ve ever had.

I will never forget you, �ngela!

Thank you for reading these words.

Best wishes to all of you,

Eyra

20 Sep 2009      

vickyvar
Greece

I am so sorry to hear such bad news.

I sympathise with you. Unfortunately, it seems that this is the plight of our era.

So many young people die because of that particular disease!

Words cannot express the deep sadness that we all feel after such an event.

God spare our children!!!!!

20 Sep 2009     

Greek Professor
Greece

It is sad to hear about young people dying...Life is really unfair sometimes...

May her soul rest in piece....

20 Sep 2009     

Sue.
Egypt

your words brought me tears, I know what you �re talking about, My Mom had to pass this damned illeness for one year b4 death took her away, It �s awfull to see people you love suffering from something you can �t defeat..

God rests her soul..

Sue.

20 Sep 2009     

Ahlam
Bahrain

Salam

Please accept  my deepest sympathy and saddness. i am sending special prayers across the ocean & nations to reach her soul. May Allah empower her parents with patience, Amen.

Ahlam

20 Sep 2009     

arlissa
United States

I �m so sorry for your loss and especially for the family of the girl. My condolences to you and the family. May Jesus bring you comfort and peace in this sorrowful time.

20 Sep 2009     

mariannina
Italy

My prayers for her soul but especially for her family.

20 Sep 2009     

gabitza
Romania

May I express my deepest sympathy to you and Angela �s family and to all those who cared about her. I can �t but imagine how hard it must be for all those who knew her.
May God give strenght to her family!

May her soul rest in peace!

20 Sep 2009     

Katiana
Spain

Very sad news. My condolences to you and the family. I know how you must feel right now. Something similar happened at my High School some years ago.

May her soul rest in piece and God give strength to her family.

20 Sep 2009     

denipinheiro
Brazil

I �m so sorry about that!

20 Sep 2009     

monicap_87
El Salvador

She must´ve  been (must be) such a big source of inspiration for her classmates/teachers/people around her. She tried her hardest until the very last moment. Now she �s in a better place. She sounds like a little angel to me, who simply showed us how short life can be, and how we MUST live it to the fullest, no matter the circumstances. Blessings to you all! 

20 Sep 2009     

1    2    3    Next >