Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > films with subtitles    

films with subtitles

Missfrancisca
Spain

films with subtitles

Dear friends, I want to work  with a film with subtitles in my english classroom, I can �t find it with them, so I have downloaded the film and the subtitle separately but I don �t know how to make them work together. I also downloaded a program called BS player with which I can watch it on my laptop with the subtitles but I can �t keep it in a file to record it on a DVD for use in the classroom. Do you know of any program that allows me  to keep the subtitles and film together and record it like that. Thanks in advance.

20 Sep 2009      

moravc
Czech Republic

The easiest way is - find somebody with DVD recorder (looks similar to video recorder)
New dvd recorders allow you to play DIVX+ show subtitles AND you can copy the divX DVD film to the harddisk memory of the DVD recorder and then burn it in STANDARD dvd format...

Or you can connect dvd player TO dvd recorder with a scart cable , click play , show subtitles in the dvd player, and then switch on dvd RECORDER and
click record from AV1 or AV2 (depends on the right input, you should try it first which input is the  right...)
and record the film in real time - so the recording will take 90 minutes...
Then you can burn the record from HD to standard DVD (4 minutes) and the DVD will be playable anywhere...
The DVD the dvdrecorder burns is a standard DVD - same as you can buy at shops...

It looks complicated, but it works, believe me...
I dunno any other way how to embedd the subtitles, but I am pretty sure there are some other ways or software...

21 Sep 2009     

goodnesses
Algeria

You can use a "DataShow" projector that you can connect to you laptop �s VGA output. Provided that you have one at school of course.
This way you can project the film on a white screen or simply on the wall and view it together with your SS as  you can watch it on the laptop.

Just an idea!

21 Sep 2009     

aldanaVenadoTuerto
Argentina

A great program to convert any files into dvd is CONVERT X TO DVD and you can include the subtitles...

good luck!!!!

21 Sep 2009     

bluebe-RR-y
Ukraine

Hi everybody! help me! Does anybody know any sites with films in English (with subs) which can be free downloaded?

23 Apr 2010