Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > BINGO    

BINGO

borna
Croatia

BINGO

Hi,

can anyone tell the the rules to play BINGO?
I �ve downloaded some cool bingo cards here, but I �m not 100% sure how to play.

Thanks in advance,

Sasa

22 Sep 2009      

isabelle99
Monaco

you or one pupil tell(s) words, pupils tick them on their cards. 1st person to have completed a card says "bingo" and wins!

22 Sep 2009     

Nebal
Lebanon

Dear Borna,

Here is a good site with everything about Bingo. You can find articles, lesson plans, and games. Hope it �s useful.

Hugs,
Nebal

22 Sep 2009     

Lancillotta:
Italy

Hi Borna,
you may have a look here:
Regards
Lancillotta

22 Sep 2009     

borna
Croatia

Thank you all!
I knew it was simple, but I thought there �s gotta be more to it!

Have a nice day!

22 Sep 2009     

MarionG
Netherlands

Hi Borna,
I usually play it a bit differently. I give the kids an empty bingo grid (very simple to make, just empty blocks, 3 by 3 or 4 by 4). They need to fill it with words (or drawings, depending on the level) of the vocabulary we just learned (I give them a set of words and they have to choose from that)
I prepare in advance a little bag or hat with slips of paper with those same words or pictures. In turns kids pull out a word, and read it out loud to the class (or pull out a picture and need to say the word in English). First child to have three (or 4) words in a row (can be in all directions) shouts out �bingo �. S/He then needs to read his/her three words and we check if those were indeed pulled out of the bag. Of course the first kids is really the winner but we usually play it until most kids have a bingo..
All my grades seem to like it a lot and I am not sure what they like best, getting the actual �bingo � or getting a turn to pull a slip of paper out of the bag... :)
What is good about this system is that it doesn�t need much preperation. I have some bingo grid papers in my bag and you can -on the spot -create a set of paper slips, which means you can play it any given moment, with any subject you want. Great for those last 15 minutes in a class or when they simply do not seem to be able to get their heads round to ´real´ work (a while ago the class volleyball team just won the regional championships in the break.. no way I was able to teach them.. I had them give me 20 words related to the game which I wrote on the board (and on slips of paper for the bag), they each chose 9 for their grids and off we went. It was a great lesson!)

22 Sep 2009