Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Games, activities and teaching ideas > English for English-speaking kids     

English for English-speaking kids

Aimee/S.
Israel

English for English-speaking kids

I need help please. I was given an extra-hour a week at my school to teach English to 12 small kids (1st to 3rd Grade) who speak fluent English. Most of them don �t read English yet (they �re learning with the other kids and are more or less on the same level in their reading and writing). The objective is to practice English orally in a fun and interesting way.

I �ll be so happy to hear your ideas. I have access to the computer room, so some activities could be done on the computer, too.

Thanks a lot! Have a great day!

23 Sep 2009      

silvia.patti
Italy

You can try songs and boardgames, there are a lot in this site

23 Sep 2009     

Vivi Quir
Argentina

How about reading them a story and then acting it out??? Like Goldilocks, the three pigs, or any they might ding amusing in their books.  The oldest can even write the lines, with your help, of course, then they disguise, make the props.

Or you can take them to the playground and play  outdoor games like "cat and mouse", "police officers and thieves"

some drama techniques which imply movement!

23 Sep 2009     

Zora
Canada

Goodness, I envy you! A group that speaks English already!! I have one word - Games!

There are tons of fun word and board games you can do. Like Headbands, the kids stick a card on the front of there head and have to guess what it is by asking questions.

You could also do crafts, baking, theatre, songs, watch some cartoons (10-15 minutes and talk about the part they most liked and why...). There are TONS of things to do.

If you have children that speak English at home, think what they like to do or what you like to do with them.

23 Sep 2009     

Jayho
Australia

To extend their English you can use traditional English board games - traditional English outdoor games - charades - logic problems - plays (theatre) -  plus heaps more.  For computers there are heaps of ready-made webquests. Maybe ask them what they would like to do and incorporate some of their ideas.

23 Sep 2009     

Aimee/S.
Israel

Thanks a lot for your help and all your ideas! They �re great!
Love,
Aimee

23 Sep 2009     

cristinacarre
Spain

HELLO, I HAVE GOT A VERY BIG GROUP WE ARE 27 CHILDREN IN CLASS, AND WE NEED TO TEACH IN A FUN WAY,

I NEED MATERIAL AND IDEES TO TEACH WITH GAMES AND SONGS.

CAN SOMEBODY HELP ME.

THANK YOU

24 Sep 2009