Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > About BoardGames Tutorials....    

About BoardGames Tutorials....

Samantha.esl
Italy

About BoardGames Tutorials....

Hi, I �d like to thank you very much to Moravc, DedicatedTeacher, and other members who helped me and gave me their ideas on how to create  a board game.

I had to go out so I couldn �t follow or answer to your posts again.
I �m just trying to follow your advice to prepare one.... I haven �t been able to do it yet.. I �m trying!...
Hug
http://www.eslprintables.com/forum/topic.asp?id=12176&page=2

24 Sep 2009      

DedicatedTeacher
United Arab Emirates

Hi Ohlala_esl,

You �re most welcome.

Do you have any particular shape in mind so we can work step by step together?

Which part of the process is it difficult for you? is it using the lines to define your steps?

In case you �re not familiar with the some lines in the Autoshapes category, here are some basics to help you get started:

01. Curve Line:

A. Click anywhere to determine the starting point.

B. Click anywhere else to set point No.2.

C. Now, when you move your curser, you �ll notice the line curve. And with every point you set the line will curve in a specific deriction.

D. If you want to close the shape, your last point must be on the starting point.

E. If you want to have just a curved line, then pres (Escape) when you �re satisfied.

02. Freeform:

A. After putting the starting point, and start moving your curser you �ll notice the lines drawn are going to be straight.

B. If you kept pressing and moving, the curser would change into a pencil and the line will follow your movement.

C. To make a closed shape or single lines follows the same concept above.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hope this is clear and easy to follow.

I �m ready to answer your questions and help

24 Sep 2009     

moravc
Czech Republic

I like your tutorial very much.
I would like to stress out that the "box" that appears (so called painting canvas) is a good tool.
If you paint inside, within the canvas, you can join all parts of your picture by clicking and moving your mouse (all objects in the area are grouped).
Grouping is very important - it helps the picture to stay undistorted and you can change colour in ALL parts of the grouped object.
So in case of a flower, you should group all leaves, so you can change the light green to for example dark green in 3 seconds :-)
While painting a flower, group leaves, group petals, draw stem AND IN THE END after all redesigning and colouring, group all parts together. You can always "degroup" the pic...

24 Sep 2009     

moravc
Czech Republic

Last not least - 1 good advice - try to google tutorial in your mother tongue. It helps a lot, because the MS Word menu and all buttons are usually named very different if we compare the English version any let �s say Spanish version...
Just google Painting in Word or Vector pictures painting in your mother tongue...
Good luck and don �t hesitate to ask at forum or PM...
Let us know - PM, when you upload your first picture :-)

24 Sep 2009