Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Look and see!    

Look and see!

baiba
Latvia

Look and see!

Dear colleagues

When I see something like this, I really think some of you are supporting cheating...

27 Sep 2009      

baiba
Latvia

Sure it �s been reported but not all downloaders can see it. At least, they should read the comments!
BTW, Sylvie, you can help in this labour...

27 Sep 2009     

Samantha.esl
Italy

Hi dear Member,

In my opinion, people don �t
often read the comments above. I often do read them but I think most people do it unintentionally. I mean, they say thank you etc.. to support the member �s work without scrolling all up and down reading comments... to see if it �s stolen.
 I wouldn �t think people do it to support stolen contributions. Maybe they don �t have time to read all the comments.

27 Sep 2009     

zambia09
Czech Republic

Some people don �t even care.  Several times I wrote something like " I don �t believe you keep downloading this ws when you see the warning it was stolen" and once I �ve got a PM saying: And why do you care? I will download what I want to and you take care of your business!

It �s sad, isn �t it?

Hope one day people start care and will stop giving points to cheaters and thieves.

Michaela

27 Sep 2009     

Samantha.esl
Italy

Well, I see now. You are right! I was trying to think well of people but if this is the case, that �s really sad, mainly when you all try so hard to keep the site clean.

27 Sep 2009     

silvanija
Lithuania

Hello all  Big smile.

If you scroll down to write a comment then you can see what others wrote before you. But if you just click on Send a comment you are directed to a blank space for writing at the bottom of all comments without seeing them. Maybe that �s the reason why some write STOLEN and others THANKS. Wink

27 Sep 2009     

silviamontra
Spain

Hello all,

I agree with you in that one downloads first and looks at the comments later on (I �m also to blame for this). And I was thinking that it could be interesting to be able to see somewhere if a particular download has been reported. If possible up in the page. Only once I was about to download a ws and I saw before doing that that there was a comment saying that was a copy and not an original, and decided not to download it.
I suppose any kind of note or remark next to the person �s name saying that person has had ws reported would be useful. But again, the problem might be that, as I think I once read here in the forum, some people had some ws reported intentionally to bother the user, not actually that the ws was not original.
Gosh, things would be much easier if we all did things correctly and were honest!! 

27 Sep 2009     

goodnesses
Algeria

Baiba,

I think you should have a look at this WS and pay more attention to the comments beneath it:

http://www.eslprintables.com/printable.asp?id=546#thetop

Happy reading. and a lot of patience!!!

28 Sep 2009     

Jennings Teacher
Korea, South

I did that once...

I downloaded something and then wrote a thank you before looking at what others said... when I saw that someone commented about it being stolen I felt so deceived. I wrote a private message to the thief and downloaded the original worksheet so that the true author would get a point.

From that day on I have tried my best to look over the comments before downloading.

I can vouch for those who have accidentally done this, but not for those who send private messages saying they don �t care. Let �s let this teach us to at least glance over the comments before downloading.

28 Sep 2009