Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Games, activities and teaching ideas > European day of languages    

European day of languages

silvanija
Lithuania

European day of languages

I want to say a huge thank you to marta v, deryalim, Denisa, baiba,
susie13, naddya, isaserra, serene, mariannina, cookingongas, who believed in my idea about postcard exchange for the European day of languages. Hug  It was such  fun and pleasure to get your postcards! My pupils were really impressed. They were holding the cards, trying to read them, discussing...   We had some activities related to the postcards and languages on them. Later our 10 year olds  performed Red Riding Hood in different languages for younger pupils. Now the cards are hung on the strings in the "main" school corridor and pupils can have a look at both sides.
So here are the pictures (I �ll remove them later Wink).

6 Oct 2009      

JulietaVL
Mexico

Great!!!

Congratulations... the pics look really nice, I am sure your students enjoyed this a lot

6 Oct 2009     

mariannina
Italy

Wonderful! Let �s do it again for some other event. What can we celebrate? Friendship? All right, I �m ready.
Ciao

6 Oct 2009     

arlissa
United States

Looks like fun! :)

6 Oct 2009     

silvanija
Lithuania

Hi, Mariannina,
may be Christmas or New Year? Wink  I am thinking about that...

6 Oct 2009     

cecio_13
Argentina

Hi Silvanija... congratulations!!! your project is great!!!
If you do it again... please... PM me!
Have a nice day!
Hugs, Hug
Ceci

6 Oct 2009     

baiba
Latvia

It must have been real fun for your little ones, Silvanija! Thanks again for your idea which was very very successful!
Let �s think of a good reason for the next postcard exchange!

6 Oct 2009     

dkonay09
Turkey

It is a creative and successful project...ClapCongratulations...Smile

6 Oct 2009     

serene
Greece

Well done, Silvana!

Congratulations to you and your little ones on the beautiful poster with the display of the postcards!
Great idea to perform Little Red Riding Hood in different languages!
Thanks again for your initiative!

Warm regards
serene

6 Oct 2009     

gilorit
Israel

Thank you for sharing your experience with us Silvana.
Nice pictures !!! ;-)
Orit

6 Oct 2009     

marta v
Serbia

Now, this must have been really fun for the kids!  Great photos! It must have taken you hours to prepare for the whole programme! I �m glad it went so well. Thanks for the initiative and count on me next time you have a plan for something similar!

Marta

6 Oct 2009     

1    2    Next >