Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Teaching material > son with "used to"    

son with "used to"

masia
Poland

son with "used to"

hello dear friends!!

i have a question... does anyone know of a song that uses the grammatical structure of "used to"??
my ss already know the structure, i am supposed to come up with fun activities and games for them to practice "used to".. their level of english is intermediate. so if you know any fun games or activities with used to - give me a shout :)!
i know there is one song on here but i cant say it will really help me :(
i wish there was a search tool for the forum because maybe sb has already asked this before?

thank you to anyone who replies!

maria

3 Nov 2008      

Crix
Mexico

Hi Maria!

There is a song from the Cranberries called "Just my imagination". It might help you or another from Madonna called

"This used to be my playground". Those are the once that I know. I have an exercices for one of them I hope this help you.

Cris

3 Nov 2008     

JMDe
Argentina

There is a song by Madonna "This used to be my playground" that uses "used to". Mind you! It�s quite a slow song, so try to do some dynamic activities. I suggest preparing cards with the lines of the song for students to put in order while they listen. I hope it helps you!

JMDe

3 Nov 2008     

jujuka
Hungary

Hi Maria,
I wonder whether my printable Grammar through songs could be useful for your purposes:
 http://www.eslprintables.com/printable.asp?id=122451#this
Anyway, it is always great fun to ask students to interview their parents, grandparents, teachers about what they used to wear, how they used to spend their free time, etc when they were young. In class they could compare or predict the answers, interview each other about their findings.
 They could also interview each other about  what they used to play with when they were small kids. Taking some dolls, matchbox cars, lego, puzzles, etc could also add a special atmosphere to your lesson.
There is also a great song in Jazz Chants (When I was a baby I used to cry).
I hope you will find some ideas useful.
Judit

3 Nov 2008     

raquellera
Spain

Hi, I found this song by Chris Daughtry. I just wrote "used to lyrics" in google...

I hope you�ll like it, Raquel

3 Nov 2008     

customer
Italy

Hi Maria,
another nice song you can use is "Bang bang" sung by Nancy Sinatra. I really like it, you can find some good worksheets in the site.

Hope you�ll like it
Chiara

3 Nov 2008     

masia
Poland

a BIIIIIIIIIG thank you for all of your replies!! they were great!!

:)
maria

4 Nov 2008