Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Games, activities and teaching ideas > Halloween clipart    

Halloween clipart

Olindalima ( F )
Portugal

Halloween clipart

May be these links can be useful, Halloween is round the corner.

http://www.spookmaster.com/pumpkin-carving-patterns-freebies.htm

http://www.spookmaster.com/pumpkin-carving-patterns-partygames.htm#Pictionary

10 Oct 2009      

Samantha.esl
Italy

Thank you!!

�Qvick! � Put on your vigs!

QUESTION: What day do you celebrate Halloween? the 30th???
I was completely ignored in the cafe... for a change! Again!!

Spooky!

10 Oct 2009     

JulietaVL
Mexico

Sam... I do not like when you say you are ignored in the cafe... (since it is not the first time)

There are lots of threads in the forum which nobody replies... did you see that today Nikadixon started a thread and nobody replied? (just a quick example)

Nobody HAS TO reply...onlye those who wish to reply will do it and if you have not received an anwer is becasue not lots of people have been there... or maybe noboy felt interested

And as a response to your question I really do not know when Halloween is celebrated in other countries, but as far as it is on October 31st... In my country we do not celebrate Halloween NEVER...

We have a very special celebration instead, we celebrate "El dia de los muertos" (the day of the deaths) and we do it on November 2nd... It is considered a holiday in my country, no classes, closed shops, etc.

Mexicans want to keep the traditions instead of celebrating traditions from other countries, in this case "Halloween".

THANKS for the sites Olindalima... I really enjoyed them

10 Oct 2009     

Samantha.esl
Italy

BooOO!

Well, It wasn �t my intention to offend you! I just visit the cafe sometimes and the only time I �m noticed is when I say something that someone doesn �t like!.. LOL

Then, I �m just ignored..and messages get hidden by the huge pictures some of you are uploading! Is that really necesary? 

I �m not trying to start a problematic thread. I just like the idea of the site of sharing not only printables but other things too. But I know I haven �t been accepted in the club yet!

Practising how to post pics! ;)

10 Oct 2009     

Jayho
Australia

interesting ...

Australia is very muticultural and as such we consider and respect the events, celebrations and comemmorations of other nationalities and countries.  Many teachers include Halloween in their program however we don�t celebrate it as a nation.

Nice links Ondalima - thanx

Sam - I thought I read in the cafe a short while ago where you stated that you weren�t going to post in the cafe anymore and your reason for your decision... maybe I was mistaken.  BTW, just because people don �t respond (in the cafe or forum) doesn �t mean they are ignoring you  - many members, and probably non-members too, read and enjoy the cafe without posting (edit: p.s. you haven�t given your message much of a chance for  a response - it�s the second last post and it�s a Friday night in many parts of the world - patience my dear Sam)

Cheers - Jayho

10 Oct 2009     

JulietaVL
Mexico

Hi again Sam

I did not feel hurt or offended by your words at all! I just thought it was not necessary that you expressed those feelings here... if you look again at the cafe, you�ll see that I posted something about the trip of Nancy to Mexico, did you see how many people replied about it? I ask you to please count the replies

Nancy has been in the cafe for a long long time and I thought some members would wish her good luck in her trip...  but some of them only wrote about their personal interests and did not wish her a good trip... should Nancy or I feel offended?

Sometimes you get replies, sometimes you don�t, time ago I posted a pic of me and me_fig in the cafe... we met when I was in Canada and thought "I�ll share it with my friends in the cafe"... I did not receive ANY comment about the pic (it was around 3 weeks ago)

One of the caf� puposes is "sharing pics"... it does not say the amount of pictures a member can upload, you can uplaod one thousan and so what?... each post is separated from the others so I really DON�T think that posts are missed among so many pics.

I always read all the posts, I do not really care if each post has 3214321 pictures or not, I always read all of them!

If somebody doesn�t then... what can we do? Stablish a rule about how man pics can be uploaded?

Btw... I see you can easily upload pics... that is nice, I like uploading pics, did you see it is the same as when you always upload pics of this funny witch with nose movement?...

Have a nice night :D

10 Oct 2009     

JulietaVL
Mexico

Hi Jahyo!!!

How�s Australia today?

We do respect the traditions from other countries!!  but we do not celebrate them.

It is just that my coutnry is not a multicultural country as others� ... I love learning about other countries�cultures (that is why I studied English)

But in Mexico people are narrow minded.

For example, we also celebrate Christmas, but we do it very different from other countries, in mine people make escenifications of the birth of Jesus (in our houses we put all of the characters involved in Jesus�birth)  people pray on December 24th, we give food, drinks and candies to the visitors who went to pray to our "little child Jesus" (kind of a sculpture)...

Something like this:

know what I mean?

We also celebrate "Halloween" but in our Mexican way... We go to the deaths graves and spend the night in the pantheon, we clean the graves, put flowers on them and have dinner next to the graves (weird, ah) hahaha... 

But we have our own characters for Halloween (Dia de los muertos in Mexico)... for example "the catrina"

We do not use witches or ghosts to celebrate this holiday...

But please do not misinterpret my words... we do respect other coutnries� traditions...

10 Oct 2009     

Samantha.esl
Italy

Hi, sorry, I never said I wasn �t going to post anymore!..
I said it would be better if one didn �t show up much on the site, not report, not comment...on anything. Because some people only notice when you say something they don �t like, other than that, you just don �t belong to the club.. lol LOL

Not that I was not going to post again!I never said so... And if I had said so, does it mean people deserve to be ignored?

HEY!..... Anyway, I �m not trying to get even MORE on people �s nerves.. Approve

10 Oct 2009     

Jayho
Australia

Hi again

Please let me clarify -

Australia is one of the most multicultural countries in the world. In one geographical area near Sydney there are 200+ languages spoken whereas 25 years ago this area was predominantly English as a first and only language.   Our country has had a huge influx of migrants and refugees in the past 25 years and this has changed the landscape within which we live and learn.  This is the reason why all teachers must consider and respect it in their classroom.  I would think that most teachers in the world would do this anyway - it �s a given in our job.

Cheers

Jayho

(edit: Sam - hi, my recollection was that you weren�t going to participate anymore.  Nevertheless, we can all participate if and when we want in whatever form we want, active or passive.  And we can change our minds. I think it�s important to remember that just because people don�t respond (in the cafe or forum) doesn�t mean they are ignoring you  - many members, and probably non-members too, read and enjoy the cafe without posting.  Plus, you haven�t given your message much of a chance for a response - it�s the second last post and it�s a Friday night in many parts of the world - patience my dear Sam)

Now I think we should get back to the original subject- Once again Ondalima, thanx for the links - they�re gr8

10 Oct 2009     

JulietaVL
Mexico

Jahyo...

Multicuralism is "touching"  my country... I  went out this afternnon and saw some Asiatic guys selling clothes... wooowww!! this is something really NEW in my town

And yes... THANKS OLINDALIMAAAAAAAAAA!!!

This Mexican skeleton is for you

10 Oct 2009     

eng789
Israel

I personally think it is rude not to answer someone �s post.  And it doesn �t matterif it is on the forum or in the cafe.  You should at least acknowledge the person. 

It �s like standing with some people having a conversation,  you say something, and they just keep on talking like you don �t exist. 

10 Oct 2009     

1    2    Next >