Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Teaching material > Weird request but not sure if it is legal    

Weird request but not sure if it is legal

roneydirt
United States

Weird request but not sure if it is legal

I been having problem with using proxy on a couple sites and not the most tech savvy person.  I freely admit to that.  Ermm

I had used a couple videos in Korea for my halloween lesson and want to use them again but because of a censored site problem can �t use them.  Was trying to go through a proxy at home, not doing too good with that one, to then save it as a DVD or MP3 since the school computer doesn �t play MP4.

First what is the legal issue about asking someone else to do it and send the video to me to use in a lesson?  Second if anyone already has at least the History channel history intro opening video on Halloween would love it.

Was trying to find it on Teachertube but no luck so far...  it comes out in .flv format..  not sure what that is?

If it �s not legal don �t do it... don �t want anyone getting in trouble or going out of their way for me...

13 Oct 2009      

Zora
Canada

Question??:

Can you use the Online activities here where you are??
and
Can you see the Youtube videos or are they also restricted?  

13 Oct 2009     

roneydirt
United States

Zora I am currently teaching in China.  Youtube and Facebook are blocked right now.  I can only see them through proxy which is causing problems using the videos or using the programs to download.  Then again I am not the most tech savvy.  Plus no internet in the classroom.  As for the online activities some I can use depending on the site, but since there is no internet in the actual classroom the answer is no can �t use them.

13 Oct 2009     

Zora
Canada

Is Youku blocked too?? It �s a Chinese site similar to Youtube. I use it quite often for my own personal viewing.

Let me see if I can download one of the videos... I´ll pm you later.

13 Oct 2009     

Tint
South Africa

Roneydirt, DVD isn �t a file format. Do you just want the sound? I ask because the first link is to sound effects. Or are you after something you can watch on video? .flv is a common file type usually associated with online video.

13 Oct 2009     

isabet
United States

Hi!! I could download all the videos but how can I send them to you? I  was thinking that, perhaps, I could send them to you through RapidShare or Megaupload. Would that be possible? 

13 Oct 2009     

Tint
South Africa

By the way, I �m not sure if you want the Caramel Apple one. It is Queen singing "We are the champions" and random caramel apple photos for half the video. The second half of the video is credits scrolling up.

13 Oct 2009     

Olindalima ( F )
Portugal

Roney, hi
please check your pm

13 Oct 2009     

dennismychina
China

Hi Youku is available in China. It doesn �t have as much as YouTube but...... when in Rome - or China.

13 Oct 2009     

Pinky Makus
Canada

Did you try looking for suitable videos on Daily Motion??

http://www.dailymotion.com/ca-en

13 Oct 2009     

roneydirt
United States

wow youku but it downloads initially .flv or redirect format and get nothing...    didn �t find the initial videos was asking about...  but will look more this weekend.  Had a co-teacher quit this morning and have to quickly fix their paperwork and do some of their classes.

Have the caramel apple one, an online student sent me the video...  we were doing our history discussion and a social conversation ended the online class.  I am so proud of them, they scored the highest in most if not all their tests including English and Social Studies. 

On DVD is not a format... like I said not all that tech savvy, but can come up with some interesting ideas... just wish I was more tech savvy and could implement more of the ideas swimming in my head...

14 Oct 2009     

1    2    Next >