Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > WHY???????    

WHY???????

dehghani
Iran

WHY???????

Dear Victor,
 I have sent some ws on IELTS useful voc. but u removed them all since they were not ESL resources as u said, but collegues here send some ws about IELTS and FCE from time to time and they are approved !!!!!!!! the site smells of racism or something.
I dont know if Metallica songs are ESL sources. while IELTS seems not. I have been teaching English for 15 years now and IELTS for 7 years, and an academic IELTS holder of 8.5 also a TESOL (advance) certificate so, I feel it an insulting answer to here that my ws are not of ESL sources. !!!!!!!!!!!
I hope I am making mistakes

13 Oct 2009      

Aidan1
Australia

I�ve had the same problem. Worksheets removed with flimsy reasoning and no response to my questions at all. Good luck

13 Oct 2009     

victor
Spain

Hello,

The reason of your worksheets removal was clearly explained in the message: They were not completely in English language.
Among all the possible explanations... why do you smell racism? We have removed worksheets that included Spanish, French, German, Portuguese and many other languages. They are good worksheets, but in eslprintables we want worksheets that can be used by everybody, and the only common language that we have here is English.

Everybody will appreciate your worksheets if they are completely in English language.

Victor

13 Oct 2009     

moravc
Czech Republic

Hello new members,
Welcome to this wonderful community full of creativity and sharing mood...
First of all: worksheets are reported by ANY member, not Victor. Basically anyone can report a worksheet. Some premium members with over 1000 points then VOTE for removal or stay... So Victor has nothing to do with voting for removal of worksheets... Voting is done by premium members, not Victor...
You can ALWAYS update your worksheet, make it even better and UPLOAD it again. No problem!
If you make it eye-catching, you will surely get much more points than before!
Good luck!

There are some rules to follow - English only, original work, state sources if there are any + always add your own activities...
I suggest you make a longer worksheet consisting of SEVERAL activities. A list of vocabulary is not enough... add some suggestions WHAT to do with the vocabulary, games, gap fill in, questions, boardgame, matching voc + definitions exercise, jumbled words exercise etc...
Victor gets hundreds of mails every month, so he cannot answer ALL mails, he has some other work to do, eslprintables is not his full-time occupation... Remember, this site is VERY SPECIAL - IT IS FREE !!! As you can see many similar websites, this one is the best, as it provides EDITABLE worksheets AND many POWERPOINT GAMES... You can get 10,000 worksheets per year !!!
You can visit other esl websites and you will see what I mean - few SCANNED worskheets, no powerpoint games etc... So we are all very obliged to Victor! Thank you Victor for all your great work!

13 Oct 2009     

dehghani
Iran

I did not know that czech people can speak English. some of my work sheets were in English only.

14 Oct 2009     

dehghani
Iran

Dear Victor

I know u r doing a great job in here , I accept my bilingual ws . but how about only English ones?

14 Oct 2009     

moravc
Czech Republic

I suppose Victor is in bed as it is after midnight now...
You can upload worksheets in English only, because these worksheets can be used in Germany, Brazil, China or ... elsewhere... Hope you can follow the rule...
have a look here:
you can see the top downloaded worksheets FOR ADVANCED students...
http://www.eslprintables.com/buscador/buscar.asp?nivel=advanced&age=15&tipo=worksheet&contents=&B1=Search#thetop

Your worksheets for advanced students will be welcomed, as most of the wss are for pre-intermediate level... so we would love to have complete advanced wss as well...

Please REMEMBER to choose ADVANCED level + age group +14, so members can find your worksheets easily... The keywords and "category" is very important for searching...

Good luck!  If in doubt, do not hesitate to contact me via PM...

PS: English is the most common foreign language here in the Czech republic :-) But "older" people speak Russian and German fluently as well :-D And we do understand Slovenian, Polish and Croatian as well :-) basically all Slavic languages...

14 Oct 2009     

_babz
Canada

smell of racism? (those are some harsh words)
maybe y �all should get your noses checked LOL

these sheets are being reported and voted off for a reason...i doubt that moderators have nothing else better to do than to vote off sheets...that don �t need to be...

14 Oct 2009     

eng789
Israel

If your English-only wss were removed then it was for another reason.  Sometimes moderators report wss that are not the original work of the uploader or if they are not according to the standards Victor has set.

I checked your wss and saw that you have one,  it would help if you didn �t plaster your  name across it.  We are a busy lot and don �t have time to start editing wss.  Nobody is going to use your wss in class with your name on it.  Maybe you should edit it and upload it again.
Good luck and welcome to the site.
We are all friends here - the is no racism -  think you meant  - prejudice.

14 Oct 2009