Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Grammar and Linguistics > The word google is freaking me out!    

The word google is freaking me out!

Gia Mel
Chile

The word google is freaking me out!

Hi there!

I have a question... I �ve found in a book about mechanic vocabulary the sentence "There are no googles on the wall"... But I don �t know what google means. Can it be a synonym for tool or something like that? I �ve tried to look it up on the web, but the meaning I found was not at all related to the subject... Please I need help!

15 Oct 2009      

lillizen
Brazil

Hello, dear!

Are you sure the word in the book is not "goggles":

1 : protective glasses set in a flexible frame (as of rubber or plastic) that fits snugly against the face
2 : an electronic apparatus that covers the eyes and is used to enhance vision (as at night) or to produce images (as of a virtual reality)

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/goggles

If so, maybe it would mean there are no goggles *hanging* on the wall, or something like that.

Lilli.

15 Oct 2009     

Pinky Makus
Canada

Could it be a misprint?  Perhaps it was supposed to say goggles.

15 Oct 2009     

Gia Mel
Chile

Thank you!!! you �re wonderful! It was misprinted... Now everything makes sense!!!!!!+

I �m so happy because it was driving me crazy!

15 Oct 2009     

Gia Mel
Chile

Hug

15 Oct 2009     

lillizen
Brazil

Thumbs UpHug
Hug

15 Oct 2009