Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > REGARDING STOLEN WORKSHEETS    

REGARDING STOLEN WORKSHEETS

libertybelle
United States

REGARDING STOLEN WORKSHEETS

For a while I was wondering why so many of Vanda and Katiana �s worksheets were stolen by "members" with 0 points and most often from Turkey.
Then I started to make a list to see what was happening. I couldn �t believe so many people from Turkey were stealing WSs.

My conclusion is - that there are one or two "members" who change identities daily. They usually use the Turkish flag, have no points and either steal Vanda and Katiana �s worksheets on a daily basis or report perfectly good worksheets as stolen.

The only reason for this must be that they think "pissing off" people here is a lot of fun. So they get their thrills by making people mad, creating confusion and wasting the time of moderators and members here.

I know that we have many fantastic members from Turkey. So my advice is, ignore these trouble-makers. Don �t write comments to them. Just click on the
"I don �t agree, do not remove" button. If no one responds to them, they just might give up.  Because half the fun for them must be the angry responses they get.

best wishes
L

15 Oct 2009      

borna
Croatia

You �re absolutely right! With nothing of their own to contribute, they can only take pleasure in that negative attention they �re getting. To ignore is the best solution.

15 Oct 2009     

s.lefevre
Brazil

If they have 0 points, they can �t read the comments. Comments are only for moderators. So, the reason to do so must bean other one.

15 Oct 2009     

Zora
Canada

Actually, I agree with s.lefevre - there is probably another reason for this type of reporting and I honestly think it �s a revenge thing at times. A member who has had a worksheet reported justly or unjustly, signs up under a new name and reports stuff on purpose just out of spite.

I know that it could be somebody (people) who enjoy causing mischief but my gut feeling tells me that this is not always the case.  

15 Oct 2009     

libertybelle
United States

I agree - but the reports I noticed were reported by people with no points and the Turkish flags - I know there are others - but  for the last month there have been lots of these people making trouble.

No doubt, the thieves (thief)  of Vanda �s and K stuff is trying to make our Turkish friends look bad - and that shouldn �t be allowed!

15 Oct 2009     

Moon22
United Arab Emirates

This is the first time i hear about those people and their behaviours.. What a shock !!

I agree with libertybelle on her assumptions and they might be angry or jealousy ! ..

thanks for sharing this information and for informing us about the situation ..

with the best wishes  :)

15 Oct 2009     

zailda
Brazil

Maybe we should ask Victor if there �s a way of blocking the IP address of those members, not only blocking their profiles, so they will have more and more trouble creating new accounts, since all the computers they (s/he) are using will become blocked one by one.

15 Oct 2009     

Bare
Croatia

May I tell you what I do?Wink

Before downloading I check out the reported wss and their  "creators" . I do not download those wss and I avoid downloading anything from them.I agree that ignoring them is the best policy.

At the same time I like to check the pages of "thank you" members ( those who know how to say thank you after downloading...) and download their work.We have so many great wss here ... and so many great people...

This seems fair to me.

And one more thing... when some wss are stolen from this site I download the original if I need it...(I can afford it and I think that most of people can ).Do not encourage stealing !Maybe they �ll stop doing it...

Hug
Goga

15 Oct 2009     

Zora
Canada

The trouble with blocking an IP address is that it is only identifies the "line" that person is using to access this site. Blocking an IP is only a temporary solution since if somebody goes to another place i.e. a cybercaf� the IP changes.

And today with WIFI and other systems that allow you to dial up from whereever then the IP changes again and again. People can actually piggy back other people �s IPs too, using them as their own.

I learn all this from my students and I have seen a "friend" get banned from a site (not here) and sign up again each time that he was banned to show that banning IPs is really quite useless. If a person wants to get through, there are tons of ways...

15 Oct 2009     

zailda
Brazil

If members were allowed to report ws only with a certain number of points, it would reduce the amount of perfect wss reported each day.

After all, is a member with zero points able to judge whether the ws fits or not the site rules?

15 Oct 2009     

zambia09
Czech Republic

Hi,

we �ve gone through this several times. The thing is there isn �t really a way how to get rid of these ................ (I don �t want to be rude, so you can fill in whatever you want).

Some time ago someone here explained to me that blocking IP address isn �t solution as Zora writes above. But there is increasing amount of 0 point members. I was thinking if  there isn �t any way  how to cancel these accounts. Of course there would have to be some rules but what about something like:
If no-one logs in the 0 point account for certain time (1 or 2 months), it could be cancelled.

I know it �s not exactly what libertybelle wrote about but maybe....

Take care everybody and don �t let these "members" to put us down. Hug

Michaela

15 Oct 2009     

1    2    Next >